SASS Wire Forum

Paid to not shoot someone

Trigger Mike

I just read that at lunch and you beat me to posting the latest dumb idea to come out of California.  Sort of like the bankrupt City of Stockton, Ca paying people a guarateed monthly income or food stamps being increased 25% because of increased costs while the polititians are telling there is no inflation.

Just now, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I'm a violent person. Where's my check?

You need to move to California.

My opinion on the article:

Seems they feel if you 'pump' money to those such people, they wil then not 'NEED to' commit violent crimes...because they will have money (in form of gift cards) and thus will be better people and in return start being better people in their commmunities, thus improving those communities. AND at the risk of sounding racist, the article speaks of black communities.

One such program was proved to be a failure...but sure, continue to repeat their mistake.

11 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

So if someone gets paid, then they shoot someone anyway, does the city demand a refund?

If they have only received three months of payments ($900.00) that is below the $950.00 California limit for theft.  So no harm no foul.  After three months you may be severely rebuked.

Here I thought that gun violence was the cause of all the shootings. So, if you pay people not to be violent, won't the guns commit the crime on their own? I'm now thoroughly confused. Shouldn't they be paying the guns? Can someone help?

3 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

New York is proposing to pay 3X that...but you have to "pre-qualify" to participate. 
"Advance Peace" plan

Pre-qualify?  Does that mean you have to shoot but only wound someone to prove you are a likely killer?

I just read the article and my guess is about right.  To pre-qualify you have to be “young men ­involved in lethal firearm ­offenses,”

The program is sexist as it only seems to apply to men.  Thus the courts will strike it down unless it also applies to women and transgenders.

Actually not a bad idea. Take 100 applicants for the "job" of which 10 of the most violent will be "hired" and tell them that a decision will be made in 30 days.  Give each of the applicants a list of names/addresses of all of the other applicants. In 30 days (probably before 30 days) the list will have dwindled down to 10 applicants due to a unforeseen sudden death syndrome that seems to have affected them.

Win, win situation. Repeat every two months.

Hmmm…I felt like I could have shot a guy this morning on the freeway. I didn’t so I must be up for $300. Then again it’s the first of the month so that’s only ten bucks a day not to shoot someone.
Do they have a fund that I can pay into so that I could just go ahead and shoot? That’s the plan I am looking for.

I am kidding of course…

Not really….

Yeah, I’m kidding…

No, I’m not…

I am so conflicted. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Depends on if you are a "high risk individual."  Not sure how the city is going to determine if someone is a high risk of being a murderer.

All they 'd have to do is interview 40 and they'd cut him the check.:D

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Hmmm…I felt like I could have shot a guy this morning on the freeway. I didn’t so I must be up for $300. Then again it’s the first of the month so that’s only ten bucks a day not to shoot someone.
Do they have a fund that I can pay into so that I could just go ahead and shoot? That’s the plan I am looking for.

I am kidding of course…

Not really….

Yeah, I’m kidding…

No, I’m not…

I am so conflicted. :rolleyes:

The voices in your head trying to rule by committee again?:P

Here's a thought:
Since California as become so left wing, why not copy the Soviet model for "Hooligans and Enemies of The State:?

You know; secret trials; undetermined sentences; barbwire re-education camps in the Alaskan tundra or Death Valley. 

33 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Here's a thought:
Since California as become so left wing, why not copy the Soviet model for "Hooligans and Enemies of The State:?

You know; secret trials; undetermined sentences; barbwire re-education camps in the Alaskan tundra or Death Valley. 

I like it! We’ll just fence in the government section of Sacramento! We can bus the scum in from other regions so the Gov’ and all his ilk won’t be lonely. 

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Here's a thought:

You know; secret trials; undetermined pre-determined sentences; barbwire re-education camps in the Alaskan tundra or Death Valley. 

....... fixed it   ;)

16 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Here's a thought:

...because the people being rounded up and sent to the Gulag would be people like us, not the poster boys we're talking about.

Archived