SASS Wire Forum

* Withdrawn * 40 S&W Vaquero F/S

Here’s one you don’t see very often. Rumor is this gun was one of the “end run” guns for a special order for the San Diego PD. Information I have gleaned off the internet says this may be one of only 35 Vaqueros in this particular configuration. 
Make a nice carry piece using a Glock 23 mag as a speed loader. ;-)

$1000 shipped to your FFL. (Your FFL must be willing to receive from a private party.)

470D3448-094E-4C11-B285-7B871AAB302B.jpeg

0EC7039B-B275-480C-9CD4-842E14517D98.jpeg

FA25C957-9C1A-4142-A6AE-E19F6ADB3CE8.jpeg

4008F4A2-7C39-47D2-80FF-0BAA853C5FFD.jpeg

6 minutes ago, SouthwestShooter said:

just curious,,,are you sure you can ship a handgun from a private party? 

Absolutely, but the carriers - UPS, FedEx - require them to be sent Overnight/Next Day Air from a private party, so it tends to be kind of pricy. 

What's neat about these revolvers is you can get additional cylinders for 10mm and .38-40 too.

1 minute ago, DeaconKC said:

What's neat about these revolvers is you can get additional cylinders for 10mm and .38-40 too.

Yes and no. Anymore, Ruger won't sell you one, and they won't fit one, unless the revolver was originally a convertible. If you happen across one on eBay or Numrich, it'll probably drop in and work, or you could have one made from a .357 cylinder.

5 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Yes and no. Anymore, Ruger won't sell you one, and they won't fit one, unless the revolver was originally a convertible. If you happen across one on eBay or Numrich, it'll probably drop in and work, or you could have one made from a .357 cylinder.

thumbs-up.png

I need to qualify my thumb's up just a bit.  The chances of finding a 10mm or .38-40 cylinder on EBay are about as good as Biden passing a cognitive test.

2 hours ago, SouthwestShooter said:

just curious,,,are you sure you can ship a handgun from a private party? 

Yes, you can, but not through the post office.  UPS or FedX and it has to ship to an FFL.

J.M.

4 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Absolutely, but the carriers - UPS, FedEx - require them to be sent Overnight/Next Day Air from a private party, so it tends to be kind of pricy. 

If you use shipmygun.com (Bud's Gunshop) they have an agreement with UPS that allows the gun to be shipped second day air so the price is lower. It works. I have done this three times now.

Those are over-runs for the San Diego Sheriff's Department 150th Anniversary commemorative guns.

The SDSO guns were supposed to have been roll-marked on the barrels from the factory but the guy at San Diego Police Equipment who was responsible for the deal fouled it up and they were laser engraved after leaving the factory. I have two that are consecutively numbered. 

Archived