SASS Wire Forum

Global warming

As I've said countless times:

It gets hot here.  VERY hot.  But about five miles north of my location they're digging up wooly mammoth skeletons.  

So whose Studebaker made THEM go extinct??  :rolleyes:

Fred Flintstone's car replica for sale at rockbottom price | Daily Mail  Online

we been hearing all this since the 70s - there have been predictions of eminent doom with dates attached that have come and gone - as have some political posturers that made them , one thing that has not gone away is the earth , 

taxes wont solve it - just redistribute wealth , make someone feel belter about their minute  ro;; in Gods bigger plan 

The climate is always changing.  It's not stable.  The sun changes, therefore the climate here changes.  It's cyclic.  We're still coming out of the ice age. 

The topic of "climate change" is really a political one.  Not a scientific one.

9 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

As I've said countless times:

It gets hot here.  VERY hot.  But about five miles north of my location they're digging up wooly mammoth skeletons.  

So whose Studebaker made THEM go extinct??  :rolleyes:

Fred Flintstone's car replica for sale at rockbottom price | Daily Mail  Online

This one?:P

post-13258-0-08082100-1397965292.jpg

I just read an article about climate change and wine making. Certain grapes that grow better in warmer or cooler weather are now being grown in areas not recently known for making fine wines.

The part that caught my eye is that now in Great Britain they are successfully growing grapes and making very good sparkling wines that they haven't been able to make since Roman times. 

On 9/1/2021 at 9:11 AM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I have no doubt the Atlantic storms and the Tropical Storms are getting bigger and stronger. 

Is this tongue in cheek.  If you search for articles that provide data you will discover that such statements are bovine scat.

27 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

Is this tongue in cheek.  If you search for articles that provide data you will discover that such statements are bovine scat.

The reporting on Atlantic and Tropical Storms is getting bigger and stronger.  The storms are about the same.

Hmmm.....

Odd that you would cite NOAA as a source for that position; per their own site, NOAA does NOT conclude that Atlantic storms and tropical storms are occurring more frequently due to "global warming", but rather that increased storm reporting from shipping traffic gives that impression.  Allowing for historically fewer reports in times when there were fewer ships, NOAA's source concludes that there is NO correlation between the frequency of current storms and any claimed global climate change.

"Thus the historical tropical storm count record does not provide compelling evidence for a greenhouse warming induced long-term increase."

https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/historical-atlantic-hurricane-and-tropical-storm-records/

Seems like you can find a source for just about any position having to do with "global warming".

LL

5 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Hmmm.....

Seems like you can find a source for just about any position having to do with "global warming".

LL

......... oh, ....... you noticed that ........   :mellow:

;)

3 hours ago, Chuck Steak said:

The sun is dying - and we're fighting about politics.

Yea it should burn out in about a billion years. :P

I also looked at the NOAA site and some video interviews by "scientists" about the NOAA data.   A lot of this is like the old conuntrum - if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it does it make any noise?  If there was a huge storm in 1649 Lousiana would anyone even know?  No Internet, no YouTube, no Facebook, no Twitter.  Anything and everything gets blown out of proportion these days simply because there are so many people reporting it.  It is funny with this generation.  An hour after the event no one remembers it as they are on to something else.  Sort of like what Biden is hoping for.  In a couple of weeks people will be saying Afghana who?

The reason they like to call it the "greatest existential threat to mankind" is that they feel smart saying the word existential. It's the buzz word for the cause.

I am waiting for some cowboy to start CFBF:  Cowboys Fighting Bovine Flatulence

PLUS ONE for Pettifogger.

Actually, it makes absolutely no difference your position on and subject of controversy, you can find some expert Kook or report to support it.  No matter how ridiculous your position, there is some expert kook in agreement.  I like my attitude.

I am pretty much completely non-violent.  Yet for some reason whenever I see a photo or video of Greta Thunberg I get this overwhelming desire to smack her in the face.  Weird.

Archived