SASS Wire Forum

End Of Trail 2022 question.

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

I'm not in, but I would love to see the list of who is.  I enjoy following along throughout the season to see how everyone is doing so I can attempt to guess the winners.  So far I'm batting about 2.5%.  That's 1 out of 40, and there have only been 40 EOT's! :P

My wife and I got our confirmation e-mail on August 7th.  Now I'm working on camping reservations.  Loading fresh black powder ammo can wait until this winter.

Sunshine Kay is working night and day to reconcile the list of competitors and their categories. The category matrix for EOT was completely new to our organization, and she is still working on making individual contact with shooters in underpopulated (less than 7 in Open and less than 3 in Ladie's) categories. The EOT matrix provides for over 100 possible combinations and we had over 70 of those chosen. Each competitor in an underpopulated category must be contacted and given a choice of moving to another category or receiving a refund. Kay can't make any changes until she hears back with a decision, then must contact the next person on the waiting list to fill a refunded spot.

Sunshine Kay has assured me that she wants the "Who's Coming List" done and posted as badly as everybody else here. As far as a published waiting list, I think the almost constant changes to that list with cancellations and later coming applications would make it inaccurate as soon as it was posted.

Thanks Deuce for the opportunity to explain this.

Slim,

Any list of registered shooters and waiting list is outdated as soon as it has been published, in most instances.  As I understand it, the list of shooters and the waiting list for EOT 2021 was changing constantly.   Updating it once a month or sooner as changes occur, won't be 100% accurate but, for the most part, will be close enough.  The categories aren't necessary; I think folks just want to see, which of their pals, acquaintances are on the list, as most names will not change.

2 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Slim,

Any list of registered shooters and waiting list is outdated as soon as it has been published, in most instances.  As I understand it, the list of shooters and the waiting list for EOT 2021 was changing constantly.   Updating it once a month or sooner as changes occur, won't be 100% accurate but, for the most part, will be close enough.  The categories aren't necessary; I think folks just want to see, which of their pals, acquaintances are on the list, as most names will not change.

Agreed....I know I would like to see where my son is on the waiting list so we could make somewhat tentative plans for him....or.....not worry about it if he's far enough down.

Stan

I understand your concerns and the anxieties of those on the waiting list, but you all have to remember that prior EOT's were managed by the SASS paid staff. The Rough Riders are all volunteers; and many, including Sunshine Kay, also have full-time jobs. Kay will get the info put together and out as soon as she is able. I will be talking with Kay shortly and will discuss posting a waiting list with her. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

13 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

What would a match be without a Deuce....

Texas Lizard

Ha! That’s strictly a matter of opinion. I asked a fair question. I’m pretty well acquainted with how volunteer operations work in this game. And when you volunteer if you don’t know know you’ll soon find out that it does not change expectations from your customers. And volunteer or not they are your customers. I guess we’ll get the list when we get ir. No big deal. 

Ok, here is the report straight from Sunshine Kay. She has finished moving the underpopulated categories and issuing refunds. There are currently over 120 on the waiting list, and she plans to send emails to all of those with their number by the end of the weekend. Hopefully both lists will be ready shortly thereafter to be sent to our webmaster so that he can post them at his next update. We are working daily to try and keep everybody informed. If I get the lists early I'll be sure and post them here. Thanks

13 hours ago, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

Ha! That’s strictly a matter of opinion. I asked a fair question. I’m pretty well acquainted with how volunteer operations work in this game. And when you volunteer if you don’t know know you’ll soon find out that it does not change expectations from your customers. And volunteer or not they are your customers. I guess we’ll get the list when we get ir. No big deal. 

Nobody is making excuses just saying the way it is. I think all involved know this all to well and work very hard to make things happen.

12 minutes ago, MBFields said:

Nobody is making excuses just saying the way it is. I think all involved know this all to well and work very hard to make things happen.

Never said anyone was making excuses nor was it implied. Take it easy. I asked a question that many are wondering. I’ve supported the WR crew (now EOT crew) for many many years. 

Sorry if seemed to be that way. I know you are extremely supportive. Think that I am being oversensitive and protective of all of us given all the discussion lately about EOT and possibilities. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

This will be posted on the website as soon as possible, but here is an advanced look:  Who's Comin'.pdf

Sorry, I forgot to add that all of the waiting list emails have gone out. If you are wondering about your shooting pardners, give them a call.

10 hours ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

Sorry, I forgot to add that all of the waiting list emails have gone out. If you are wondering about your shooting pardners, give them a call.

My son received his......he should get in!

Stan

Out of 720 shooters, I would be shocked if less than 5% (that's 36 shooters) don't make a change.  There are a million reasons why people need to make a change such as work, family or personal health issues, unexpected expenses, and the list goes on and on.  If your wait list number is less than 50, you might want to start looking for hotels! ;)

6 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Out of 720 shooters, I would be shocked if less than 5% (that's 36 shooters) don't make a change.  There are a million reasons why people need to make a change such as work, family or personal health issues, unexpected expenses, and the list goes on and on.  If your wait list number is less than 50, you might want to start looking for hotels! ;)

The largest majority of cancellations are health-related. Sometimes at the last minute. If you are anywhere on that list and are flexible, keep your guns ready and have ammunition loaded until the end. We can probably even make room for you in the dry camp.

Archived