SASS Wire Forum

Prayers for our SE La, Miss, Ala & Florida shooters and clubs

Possum Skinner, SASS#60697

I hope and pray all of our shooters and their clubs make it through this storm in good shape.  We know very well how bad it sucks to lose a range (as I know y’all do too), but that’s still not as bad as losing fellow shooters/friends.

if you need anything I might can help you with, please don’t hesitate to ask. I have a very good generator and 40 gal of gas and several cases of water I can bring over (as long as I can get to you.)

Prayers up for all the LA and other folks in the path of the storm. I have a brother and all my wife’s family live in that area….gonna be a rough time for all concerned. 

Kajun

Yup, family down there too. Prayers for all.

Prayers to all affected by the storm.

Hoping and praying for the best for our pards on the other end of this state.  

The storm started here in SW Miss about 0600 HRS.  It’s coming in bands, heavy rain then stop, then back to heavy rain.  Guess it’ll be a good day to take a long nap. 

Thoughts and prayers to pards west of here. 

There was a bunch of bucket trucks and other equipment going south on I75 yesterday. Just read in the paper this is the date Katrina hit Aug. 29 2005. Prayers up for the folks in Ida's path.

2 hours ago, Chief Rick said:

Blessed to have no effects in SE MS to this time.  Nice breeze outside and no rain yet.

Well, on the other end of the Coast from you and Tequila Shooter, it is windy with rain bands. Some thunder. Waiting anxiously for Tuesday morning for this to pass (like a kidney stone).

Praying for our pards in Louisiana who will be bearing the brunt of this storm.

La Sombra

We've recently had a few rain bands move through but not much in the way of wind.

Pascagoula has standing water at a few intersections already (nothing unusual, actually).

At ~250 ft above sea level we're not too worried about the water here at the house.

Pressure has risen from 930mb to 933mb over the last hour.  Hope this indicates the storm is losing strength instead of gaining.  Measured wind speeds have not been fluctuating with the pressure though, so we'll have to see.

We're here in Baton Rouge, between both CAS clubs (The Bayou Bounty Hunters of Louisiana and The Deadwood Marshals) and the eye should pass right over us in 7 hours with effects starting in about 3 hours. It'll be a rough afternoon and night but it should be over by 4am. Got window A/C units up, generators fueled, gas cans topped off and bags packed and ready. Keep us, our 2 clubs and all members in your prayers. See y'all in the morning! 

Dusty Sometimes 

34 minutes ago, Dusty Sometimes said:

We're here in Baton Rouge, between both CAS clubs (The Bayou Bounty Hunters of Louisiana and The Deadwood Marshals) and the eye should pass right over us in 7 hours with effects starting in about 3 hours. It'll be a rough afternoon and night but it should be over by 4am. Got window A/C units up, generators fueled, gas cans topped off and bags packed and ready. Keep us, our 2 clubs and all members in your prayers. See y'all in the morning! 

Dusty Sometimes 

You've got numbers to call if y'all need anything.

Still pretty calm and clear over here.

Here in SW MS, we’re getting squalls going through, so far today, we’ve had 2 tornadoes in the area but only 2 ½ inches of rain.  Just in another tornado warning from Bay St. Louis heading to Stennis Space Center. 

32 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Here in SW MS, we’re getting squalls going through, so far today, we’ve had 2 tornadoes in the area but only 2 ½ inches of rain.  Just in another tornado warning from Bay St. Louis heading to Stennis Space Center. 

To this point, y'all are getting a lot worse than we are.

It appears that I am in the sweet spot for the time being with the heavy bands being around you to the west and Mobile to the east.

Not complaining.

You and @La Sombra contact me if you need anything.

1 hour ago, Chief Rick said:

You and @La Sombra contact me if you need anything.

Thanks Chief. Remember that help goes both ways. 

Right now here in Ocean Springs, just rain and wind. We’ll see how the rest of the day/night goes!

La Sombra

11 hours ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

Updates?

So it is the morning after. A night full of klaxon weather alerts for Tornado Warnings. (Never knew that an iPhone could be soooo loud.) Woke to heavy rain and winds. Still raining and windy.

As best as I can see here in Ocean Springs, we're fine. Nothing as bad as Louisiana. Praying for our pards in the Deadwood Marshals (Sorrento  LA) and the Bayou Bounty Hunters (Amite LA). Both clubs were in the direct path of Ida.

Also pray for Tequila Shooter. His town was a bevy of tornado warnings, flood warnings and general yucky-ness. I forgot where Chief Rick and Annie are located. But both families are retired Navy so that know what floats.

I suspect that it is going to be months of rebuilding at both clubs which sucks since the Bounty Hunters are sponsoring the LA State Shoot in November.

La Sombra

Well I made it through a rough night.  The tornado alarms were going off almost all night, luckily nothing hit nearby.  My rain gauge overflowed when it hit 5” so I’m not sure exactly how much we got.  We never lost power, no trees fell over, no flooding (here), the only thing that has gone out is the internet, so I feel blessed.  

Sixteen miles away from me is Louisiana, just over the state line they have no power, no water and no cell service.  Over 500,000 people in New Orleans and the surrounding area are without power.  The local news (New Orleans) is saying that they could be without power for a month or more.   

Thinking of all the pards in Sorrento and Amite, LA, haven’t heard from any of them I just hope they’re all ok. 

Prayers up for all our friends and others in harm's way.  We are helping with non perishables thru  our Church and Sheriffs deliveries.  Please let us or Possom know of any further know he will contact us.

Archived