SASS Wire Forum

Gun that killed Billy the Kid Sells

Gracos Kid

It's chump change to the people who have that kind of money to buy collectables. The problem for the hyper-rich is what to spend money on  when you've bought all the houses, yachts, and cars you want. So collectables in all areas, art and artifacts of all kinds, are going through the roof, price-wise.

12 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

If I had that kinda money I could think of better ways to spend it. Even if it's real.

JHC

If you had that kind of money you could afford it.

3 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

If you had that kind of money you could afford it.

You're right of course. I'd be drilling water wells in African villages rather than buying a gun I'm gonna leave behind when I kick off in a few years. Just me.

JHC

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I'd demand the Kid's signature be on it.

And in 1950 you still could have gotten it. :D

3 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

For that amount of money I would still doubt its provenance, even if it came with a letter signed by Pat Garrett.  

As I understand it, the gun came with a video of the actual shooting of Billy the Kid that shows the gun being used.

Actually, the bullet that came from the cartridge that was fired killed Billy the Kid. The loaded gun was just the tool that Pat Garrett used when Billy was killed. Let's get our facts straight.....Wonder what someone would have paid for that bullet?? 

Hey Mo, if you have that kind of money I have some ocean front ski resort land for sale right here in Arizona.  I can give you a good price on it and it's right in the middle of Earp, Holiday country, too.  It even has some gold, silver, and copper mines on the property.

51 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Hey Mo, if you have that kind of money I have some ocean front ski resort land for sale right here in Arizona.  I can give you a good price on it and it's right in the middle of Earp, Holiday country, too.  It even has some gold, silver, and copper mines on the property.

And... A nudist resort next door in the valley!:P

Or, did the gun really kill Billy Barlow?

Brushy Bill thinks so....

If I had that kind of money to burn, I'd buy a ticket on a Crew Dragon spacecraft.  Or maybe on a SpaceX Starship, when they get one running. Wonder if the buyer is planning to shoot it? :rolleyes:  Anybody know what caliber the piece is chambered for?  Wonder if the buyer is from the UK. and if they are planning to move it out of the U.S.?  Be a shame, if so.

Archived