SASS Wire Forum

How did you come by your alias?

Buckshot Bear

Petey: lack of imagination.  Waaaaaaaaaaay back in the olden days (after he'd been shooting for a couple of years & Robin T Banks INSISTED he join SASS if he wanted to come back to Mule Camp) he comes home & says he needs an alias.  First thing that came to my mind was Pecos Pete.  In the old TV shows & movies there was always a Pecos Pete in the bunkhouse.  He submits it.  Uh-oh.  Seems like there had been a Pecos Pete, but he had recently died.  I think Petey may have been the test case for if you die, somebody else can have your alias.

Me:  since I don't shoot, I started as Unarmed Bandit.  But that was awkward, and didn't fit well on name badges.  A few years ago I went with Fair Game because if I'm scoring and you're shooting, that's what you get - whether you want it or not.  And it fits great on a badge.  But everybody (depending on where I am) just calls me Miss Bobbie or Mrs. Pete.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i live on the watab river , when i started this some three gun friends kidded vme about switchin to "old mans three gun" i stold them i was still a kid in my 50s ....now im over 70 , suppose i should change the name but ive worn it a lot of years now 

Archived