SASS Wire Forum

FOUND - Uberti 1873 rifle crescent leather cover

Wyo Joe

Howdy all - I am a big guy and no matter how I position this dang rifle I take a beating from this crescent butt stock. Found some leather covers on ebay that actually take a bunch of the crescent shape out by adding a pad and squaring off with leather. Unfortunately those boys want to charge an arm and a leg for it and I just cant justify the cost. 

Anybody out here looking to part with a crescent (straight stock) leather butt cover? Would be nice if ya had one like noted above that would basically make it a shotgun butt, but alas beggars cannot be choosers! 

I bought a small piece of Owens Corning Foamular and cut and carved it into a crescent butt extension. You could do the same, just cut and trace the crescent from the gun butt, consider how much of an extension you want, and cut the other end straight or however you want it shaped. Then I covered it up with a leather buttstock cover, which you can also make custom to fit your gun. Good luck.

Try ShockEater. 
You wear it in a tee shirt and it mitigates recoil and the crescent point becomes a non issue. They also have recoil pads.

I’ve been using since they came out, fantastic product!

• Wyo Joe changed the title to FOUND - Uberti 1873 rifle crescent leather cover

Archived