SASS Wire Forum

Guns of August 2021 - NE Regional - Ohio (Overdue After Action Report)

Appaloosa Amy, #63949, CT

I know I'm a little slow in posting this but 2 weeks ago we drove out to Ohio from CT to shoot the NE Regional with our daughter, Snazzy McGee who happened to move out to Cincy a few months ago.  We decided to go only a few weeks before the match after some Facebook prompting from Cheyenne Culpepper who we met once many years ago at a match in FL.  When we signed up we did not know a soul going, we had heard the weather was always brutally hot, that the stages were on quite a hill and you were shooting down at the targets from elevated positions which we have not done much of.

Well we had an awesome posse, (we ended up knowing a couple from Maine and two people from NY), the weather for the 12 stages was pretty perfect and shooting down at the targets was something you got used to pretty quick.  Our posse had great ROs, great workers, and were a lot of fun (loved Little Iron Lucille's yell after everyone's runs).  The ladies of posse 1 (Buslin' Bell, Angie Oakley, Jesse Jane, & of course Lucille) were so welcoming and acted like we have part of their crew for years).  And I've never seen so my gunfighters in one place.

And I can't leave out the potluck dinner at the campground Friday night...these folks know how to have a good time and cook up a storm. (Loved the corn shucking contest...we won by the way).

Lastly, we are so very proud of Snazzy for winning Top Overall and NE Regional Ladies Champion.  This is her first big win and we couldn't be happier of her.  She was so excited to be standing up there with Top Gun Champ Deuce who she met many moons ago at Winter Range.  And congrats to Tyler Tornado for NE Regional Men's Champ.  And a shout out to my hubby QHB for shooting the match clean.

There were some really incredible shooters at this match (there seemed to be a national or world champion every time you turned around).

Putting this match on the schedule for next year...requesting Posse 1 for sure.

AA

GOA Winners.jpg

We had a grand time, didn’t we.  I sure am glad you came!!

Great to hear you had a good time, your welcome to come back anytime. It is a unique match and i have a good time organizing the friday dinner, i like to call it the best potluck dinner in sass.

Are 2021 scores posted anywhere online?  The Big Irons website appears to be well outdated.  Thanks and good luck and good shooting to all.

Yes, but you have to look for them.

Ms Bonny sent out the shooting results to each participant via email.  If you didn't see yours, have your daughter forward you her copy.  If that doesn't work, let me know and I will send a copy.

Frontier Lone Rider

Posse #3

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to shoot the match for several years now, due to medical issues, but I do like to keep up with my local pards and who wins the big matches, etc.  If you can send them to me without too much trouble, I'd really enjoy reviewing them.

4 hours ago, Bison Bud said:

Are 2021 scores posted anywhere online?  The Big Irons website appears to be well outdated.  Thanks and good luck and good shooting to all.

Scores are posted HERE...

8 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Scores are posted HERE...

That works better than what I was going to do.

Archived