SASS Wire Forum

Free gear

Irish Pat

Well, they have to be properly outfitted to be a formidable menace in a couple of years in time for the next presidential elections. 

Yes, I am serious. 

They are now better equipped than Canada's Military !!!

This is a new level of democratic Stupidity! 

But, I think our Twit may be even stupider.

Jabez Cowboy 

All that stuff was for the Afghan army to fight with, they ran away and abandoned it. We had no plan for that scenario. At least that's what I've read.  

As per the report, in the last 20 years, American forces are believed to have supplied Afghan forces with more than 6.5 lakh small guns, including M-16 and M-4 assault rifles, as well as a large cache of armour piercing ammunition or steel core rounds. A report by Forbes suggests that America has provided $83 billion worth of training and equipment to Afghan security forces since 2001. This year, alone, the U.S. military aid to Afghan forces was $3 billion.

Howdy,

A friend who was there training them said they have

a very short attention span.  

When trained to take apart and reassemble a rifle,

a few weeks later they cant do the work again.

He refused to get on an Afgan maintained helicopter.

Complicated machinery needs to be repaired and correctly.

Where do they get parts?

Best

CR

2 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

A friend who was there training them said they have

a very short attention span.  

When trained to take apart and reassemble a rifle,

a few weeks later they cant do the work again.

He refused to get on an Afgan maintained helicopter.

Complicated machinery needs to be repaired and correctly.

Where do they get parts?

Best

CR

Why, China of course.

Before you wander around banging into walls, tearing your hair and shouting in your righteous indignation and finger pointing, all of the equipment listed was supplied to the Afghan police and military to secure THEIR country.  If you want to play the Blame Game, the previous Afghan Government, Military and Police gave it all away as they folded like so much tissue paper.

And, in addition, for those who weren't there and have no clue, the South Viet Nam Government, Military and Police did exactly the same thing.  Tissue Paper.

We tried to provide the means.  All "THEY" had to do was grow a Spine and stand for themselves.  Tissue Paper 

While we did not suffer the losses that your country did, we had ours as well.

To now see what is happening is both sad and infuriating.

In our (Canada's) case, the abandonment of the Afghani people who aided Canadian staff in their hour of need is reprehensible.

I doubt we will see assistance coming from indigenous populations, in any future involvements, anywhere in the world, now that we have shown our indifference to their safety.

Love my country.

Ashamed of my government.

F81-B7265-A244-42-F8-A9-CA-FA01631-DC299.jpg

52 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

While we did not suffer the losses that your country did, we had ours as well.

To now see what is happening is both sad and infuriating.

In our (Canada's) case, the abandonment of the Afghani people who aided Canadian staff in their hour of need is reprehensible.

I doubt we will see assistance coming from indigenous populations, in any future involvements, anywhere in the world, now that we have shown our indifference to their safety.

Love my country.

Ashamed of my government.

F81-B7265-A244-42-F8-A9-CA-FA01631-DC299.jpg

Sir, if I were to replace Canada with Australia, I would not change any other words.

(I hope you don't mind)

DE6B0A44-5725-4548-8F55-0FA91C6E751E.thumb.png.3db623890512e136fa4cf35a1be5c103.png

The sound of the first shoe dropping (Afghanistan) is just the prelude to the second shoe dropping (Taiwan).  Wait for it!  JjB will shed a tear and say "Oh Well, such is life" and truck right along.  This will send a "It's OK to be a Jerk" message to our favorite country NK  - look for an invasion coming soon.

JB is not only totally and completely and overwhelming incompetent,  he has, as well as his Generals, Allen and Milley, blood on their hands, and he has destroyed any confidence in America from our allies.  Impeachment, arrest and criminal trial should be the order of the day.

JMHO - YMMV

STL Suomi

On 8/26/2021 at 2:43 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Am I the only one who suspects that this was carefully planned to further arm and upgrade the Taliban?

Another step in destroying our country.  It has already caused us to lose the confidence of most of our allies.

Doesnt anyone see the Chinese now have access to the technology of our equipment and this little thing called reverse engineering.....

5 hours ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

Doesnt anyone see the Chinese now have access to the technology of our equipment and this little thing called reverse engineering.....

Except for cryptographic equipment there is little useful to the Chinese in the stuff the Taliban acquired.  I wonder if the DOD removes equipment from the C-130's & C-17's that are flying into Kabul that would be valuable to the Chinese?  What if an aircraft on Tuesday is hit by a mortar or Katusa rocket while on the ground.  If that happens we better hope the aircraft burns to ashes.

Archived