SASS Wire Forum

Does she love me or is she trying to make me suffer

Trigger Mike

I have diabetes and am working on getting my numbers down.  Despite that, yesterday was a busy day.  My oldest son had surgery to put a screw in his wrist due to a broken bone.  We got home late in the afternoon.   He needed prescriptions and something he could keep down.  The same evening my younger sons school shotgun team had practice.   I have to eat on time or I get really irritable and sugar gets low.  

My wife decided to bring cpt D'S fish. I'm anticipating my usual, 2 fish, 2 chicken and 6 shrimp meal with broccoli and fries.  I open the lid and find a small piece of baked fish on top of rice that she tells me not to eat and 2 helpings of broccoli.   I was downtrodden.   I snuck a half piece of fried fish when she wasn't looking.   I got this odd look of disappointment from her.  I was starving.  I made do until I got home.  I ate a banana and 3 boiled eggs and drank a glass of lemon and cucumber water.  I felt better then.

It sounds like she is trying to watch out for you. I don’t know if she is doing a good job or not, but are you working with a dietitian? If not, ask your doctor if you can, and ask if your wife can and will join you. It may be the severe diet isn’t necessary, but I would let someone with expertise guide me.

38 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I had one long ago, we moved so I need to find one again,  the virus alters what we have access to,  but a dietician would make things better.   

I would think a lot of work with a dietitian could be done virtually.

She is trying to help but needs guidance. The dietician is a good start. Asap

On 8/25/2021 at 9:50 AM, Trigger Mike said:

I have diabetes and am working on getting my numbers down.   
I ate a banana...

That ain't the way... bananas are simply murder on your glucose levels.
They send my numbers to the moon.

I'm a labile diabetic, and find this to be helpful:

meme.sightgags.food.ice.no.carb.gluten.free.inc.details.sfw.jpg

On 8/25/2021 at 12:50 PM, Trigger Mike said:

I have diabetes and am working on getting my numbers down.  

My wife decided to bring cpt D'S fish. I'm anticipating my usual, 2 fish, 2 chicken and 6 shrimp meal with broccoli and fries.  

If you are Diabetic and trying to eat to get your numbers down,  I ain't sure FRIES should be on

your menu.

..........Widder

Archived