SASS Wire Forum

SASS HQ moving to Indiana

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the Wild Midwest! It’ll only be a few hours from me now. Cool B)

12 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Hopefully, Misty and Ruby are part of the move.

OLG 

Of course we are. I’m lucky enough that when I decided on this move, Miss Ruby happily chose to come along!! 

Misty Moonshine

Why Akron Indiana?  Not being critical, going to school at St. Joe’s College off I65, have no idea where Akron is and wondered why there?  Glad they are getting out of California though. 

2 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Just heard SASS HQ is moving to Akron Indiana.

Akron, Ohio would even be better.

36 minutes ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

Why Akron Indiana?  Not being critical, going to school at St. Joe’s College off I65, have no idea where Akron is and wondered why there?  Glad they are getting out of California though. 

They’ve been out of California for many years.

2 hours ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Of course we are. I’m lucky enough that when I decided on this move, Miss Ruby happily chose to come along!! 

Misty Moonshine

We'll miss shooting with you locally, but look forward to seeing the two of you at EOT and Land Run.  If you run out of green chile just send a PM for a CARE package.

Fantastic news. This is great SASS. Always looking to better our future of the sport, and it helps to have great support team local with CC Top and Deuce Stevens. Good things to come..

I hope all works out with the move. Misty and Ruby are great folks and I wish the best for them.

"Escaped" from the Midwest myself (Illinois) and spent a good deal of time out West (will go back someday) but have been in Georgia for a while now.

I have no idea of the reasons, but I'm sure it makes sense to the folks involved.

All my best Misty, Ruby and anyone else involved.

Does it really matter where the SASS head quarters are since theres shoots all over the country?!

Good luck to SASS in their new home.;)

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Does it really matter where the SASS head quarters are since theres shoots all over the country?!

Good luck to SASS in their new home.;)

No, they don’t actually do any shooting at the office……

1 hour ago, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

Gonna have to build a shooting range in the basement.

11 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I’m kind of curious too on why Indiana?

I will venture a guess and say that it was because it is more central in CONUS, close to the Paradise Pass crew, and lots of building space is being sold at a discount these days in the Midwest, places like Indiana.

I'm glad SASS found a "permanent" home again.  It bodes well for the long term of SASS.  Heck, if I can make my schedule work out and make it to MBPGA, I may even do a drive by of the new HQ.

(After reading Deuces comment, maybe I should rephrase that! :P

12 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I’m kind of curious too on why Indiana?

Their old HQ location in New Mexico was fairly remote and with the reception that EOT got this year being in Indiana probably played into their decision making. Good luck SASS, Misty and crew. I think you made the right choice.

No second guessing or questions form this quarter, Congratulations and good luck.

Never having been to Indiana, other than passing through, I think the area around Warsaw and the range at Paradise Pass was very pleasant.  Hopefully there will be some sort of annual shoot at Paradise Pass, something along the lines of a regional, taking into account the close location of the new SASS HQ.

2 hours ago, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

They should get some CO2 pistols and shoot into a box! I do it all the time in my basement!!:lol:

Indiana is very gun friendly.  They are going to have easy access to to large airports.  About 2hours to Indianapolis and 2-10 hours to Chicogo, a real PIA  some days to get to.

I agree with many that it’s a good move to get out of New Mexico.  I was wondering why Indiana, but now that it was pointed out that it was close to Paradise Pass and (I didn’t know) that Indiana was gun friendly it’s going to be a good move.   I hope they have a smooth transition and enjoy the new digs.  I guess they’ll keep Duece Stevens busy with remodeling jobs :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I agree with many that it’s a good move to get out of New Mexico.  I was wondering why Indiana, but now that it was pointed out that it was close to Paradise Pass and (I didn’t know) that Indiana was gun friendly it’s going to be a good move.   I hope they have a smooth transition and enjoy the new digs.  I guess they’ll keep Duece Stevens busy with remodeling jobs :ph34r:

Indiana is very gun friendly. 

16 minutes ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

Really?  Where was the headquarters then?

Edgewood, New Mexico since about 2006 or so.

Moving to a small dying town (population 1000 and going down) whose only attribute seems to be its proximity to where EOT 2021 was held.  Makes you wonder if they are laying the groundwork to move EOT out of Arizona before the first EOT at the new location is even held.

44 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Moving to a small dying town (population 1000 and going down) whose only attribute seems to be its proximity to where EOT 2021 was held.  Makes you wonder if they are laying the groundwork to move EOT out of Arizona before the first EOT at the new location is even held.

I hope so. This way we can have Winter Range back, and everybody, including me, would be happy.

Swiss

WR Volunteer.

57 minutes ago, Swiss Kid, SASS #54030 said:

I hope so. This way we can have Winter Range back, and everybody, including me, would be happy.

Swiss

WR Volunteer.

If (and this is a big if) EOT was moved to Indiana, I don’t think you’d see either the world or national championship in AZ.  It would be EOT in Indiana and Land Run in OK.  

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. 

Small town, yes. Dying town? Absolutely not. 

Moving EOT from AZ before it’s even been held? Extremely speculative conspiracy theory negative nonsense. 

Misty Moonshine 

Archived