SASS Wire Forum

Exciting news!

Misty Moonshine

4 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

See...you are saying POPULATION center.

Yes, more people on the east side...

But folks say centraly located...wich is not so, that is in SD.

But, either way...Misty has a plan, let her fly.

When you factor in that you have to fly or take a boat to get to the continent from Hawaii and Alaska is separated from the contiguous 48, that Belle Fourche center point seems really misleading…

Driving from Hawaii can’t be done and the difference in distance from Anchorage to Phoenix and Anchorage to Akron, Indiana is 84 miles. Further by a couple of hours to Indiana. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/25/2021 at 9:23 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I'm a 'Mayberry' type citizen and any town with more than a couple red light and a few stop signs is too big for me.

Me too;)

On 8/25/2021 at 5:37 PM, Yul Lose said:

Looking at that building, maybe SASS has visions of a bonafide SASS museum someday, looks like they’d have plenty of room.

Heck yea, I may just move there........wonder if they have a room out back I can rent?? Or maybe a cabin on the pond at Paradise Pass..........the best BP match I ever did see. B) Good Luck.:)

Jefro Relax-Enjoy:ph34r:

Howdy Misty & Ruby,

I hope the move to Indiana exceeds your expectations. Best wishes for success converting the stately bank building into SASS headquarters. 

Vaya con Dios, Keystone

37 minutes ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

I might have to return our next sanctioning agreement in person. Looks like a very pretty place.

Just prepare yourself for vegetation and the color green.

39 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Just prepare yourself for vegetation and the color green.

I'm just going to visit, not stay. Too much green stuff hurts my eyes. I also don't own any long-johns and have a grand total of one(1) sweatshirt!

On 8/25/2021 at 3:59 PM, Colt Laredo said:

Why was this location chosen?

A small dying town in the middle of nowhere, an old forgotten building.

What kind of foot traffic goes through this town that would equate to new members?

Are we even trying to attract new members? 

I'd sure like to know the decision process that was taken considering we had the whole country to choose from.

SASS’ offices have been located in an equally small town in NM since 2009. The areas population density does not affect or play a role in the success or efficiency of our operations. Why move to Indiana and not stay in NM? 
1. Supportive Business friendly community environment 
2. State of Indiana business tax incentives 
3. Lower cost of living
4. Political environment in IN is more conducive to the shooting sports and gun industry 
5. Regional socio-economic analysis
6. After holding EOT in IN in June, spending a lot of time in the area, I (Misty Moonshine) fell in love with the area and the people. My children are grown and gone, I have no further ties to NM, and made a PERSONAL choice for MY life and future happiness. 
7. The group of SASS members in the area, particularly the Paradise Pass Crew- a motivated and unstoppable force of support for SASS and personal friendship. 

“An old forgotten building”… umm… I guess this is a matter of preference- you see old and forgotten, I see a gorgeous, historic TREASURE from 1900- complete with a rich history (which includes an attempted robbery in 1902!)… the building stands proudly in photos of WW1 soldiers parading downtown upon their return, it served as the operators office when the fire station was across the street and has deep roots in history of the area. History- I cherish it. It stands as strongly and as proud today as it did in 1902. 

“Are we even trying to attract new members?” …. Absolutely- now & ALWAYS. The location of our offices has ZERO bearing on the execution of SASS’ Membership marketing. 

Akron is a beautiful THRIVING community rich in history and tradition- & in the three days we’ve been there starting demo, dozens of local residents have popped in to welcome us to the community-  the Town council president,  neighbors, business owners… you name it. Absolutely phenomenal welcome! 

Misty Moonshine 

23 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

SASS’ offices have been located in an equally small town in NM since 2009. The areas population density does not affect or play a role in the success or efficiency of our operations. Why move to Indiana and not stay in NM? 
1. Supportive Business friendly community environment 
2. State of Indiana business tax incentives 
3. Lower cost of living
4. Political environment in IN is more conducive to the shooting sports and gun industry 
5. Regional socio-economic analysis
6. After holding EOT in IN in June, spending a lot of time in the area, I (Misty Moonshine) fell in love with the area and the people. My children are grown and gone, I have no further ties to NM, and made a PERSONAL choice for MY life and future happiness. 
7. The group of SASS members in the area, particularly the Paradise Pass Crew- a motivated and unstoppable force of support for SASS and personal friendship. 

“An old forgotten building”… umm… I guess this is a matter of preference- you see old and forgotten, I see a gorgeous, historic TREASURE from 1900- complete with a rich history (which includes an attempted robbery in 1902!)… the building stands proudly in photos of WW1 soldiers parading downtown upon their return, it served as the operators office when the fire station was across the street and has deep roots in history of the area. History- I cherish it. It stands as strongly and as proud today as it did in 1902. 

“Are we even trying to attract new members?” …. Absolutely- now & ALWAYS. The location of our offices has ZERO bearing on the execution of SASS’ Membership marketing. 

Akron is a beautiful THRIVING community rich in history and tradition- & in the three days we’ve been there starting demo, dozens of local residents have popped in to welcome us to the community-  the Town council president,  neighbors, business owners… you name it. Absolutely phenomenal welcome! 

Misty Moonshine 

That Is Fantastic!  Best of luck to you and your future in Indiana!

Oh and by the way.....WELCOME NEIGHBOR!!..... OK...OK..... I know you're 5 hours away....but that don't mean I can't call ya neighbor. (neighboring state) :D

Thank you Misty. I do appreciate the hard work you and your staff do for SASS.

I am hopeful this move will expand our great sport and I look forward to our future.

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

It is a neat old building.  Any photos of the interior?

If you do Facebook there are a lot of photos on the Single Action Shooting Society page.

@Misty Moonshine  during this very hectic time you’ve shown remarkable restraint and openness.  Being career military I know the joys of moving a household, but I can’t imagine also dealing with moving a business all the while reading and addressing posts on this forum.   Here’s to a new beginning, and a bright future for you and this game that we all love.   Take a break and come to the SE Regionals I’m pretty sure we can get @Barkeep Casey to mix you up a good drink or two. 

Congratulations on the move and continued success for SASS.

If I lived closer by, I could do quite a bit of interior work for you all during my off hours.

Congratulations on the move.. I hope to visit in the next month or two (if it will be open to members) I live in the Buckeye State so it only a couple hours away... 

On 8/25/2021 at 8:23 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Gosh, the way some of you describe this little town makes me want to move there.

I'm a 'Mayberry' type citizen and any town with more than a couple red light and a few stop signs

is too big for me.

My guess is that this venue will supply the space and accommodations needed for the Home Office

to thrive (if needed) and yet cost less.    I wouldn't be surprised if Indiana also offered some tax

incentives.

But in the big scheme of things, they needed a place of operations and apparently got a good one.

Congratulations Misty and Ruby.

..........Widder

...very well said Widder...

Archived