SASS Wire Forum

Exciting news!

Misty Moonshine

Exciting news! 

SASS is proud to announce our next big move for the future! Coming soon- a final relocation of the SASS World Headquarters Offices. It’s official- SASS closed on a beautiful historic (1900) building in Akron, Indiana today. Stay tuned for updates and a final moving date to be announced soon. HUGE thanks to Anna Gilsinger with ReMax Results of Warsaw, the Indiana SASS member contingent, the Paradise Pass Crew, the SASS Board, and the Wild Bunch for their unwavering support and encouragement as we embark on our next adventure solidifying the future of SASS.

Misty Moonshine

#greatthingsarecoming #sassrelocation2021 #paradisepass #indiana #goodbyenewmexico

3E3F6DC0-86EB-429C-90FF-C86FDC1F8857.jpeg

217253CB-7459-4F81-BCBE-0945D76A9B70.jpeg

8ED897C6-5934-4E0E-B017-42582AB765EA.jpeg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

Dibs on the huge gun safe!

Dang! Beat me to it by a couple minutes.

Guess I'll have to be happy with the sales tax holiday on guns safes in Tennessee this year.

And congrats to Misty on the new digs.

30 minutes ago, John Boy said:

…. And for all the SASS members that own single shot rifles …. the ASSRA Beeson Range is in Etna Green also

A 1/10 of a mile from Paradise Pass, drive by it everyday. 

Well congratulations 1900's building keeping it alive. The very best to all of SASS.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy.

A quick check on Google Maps shows that it is about 15 miles from Paradise Pass.  You can use Google Maps street view to check out the surrounding are.

181888760_SASSNewHQ-ParadisePass.thumb.JPG.37536953698fca2f9570a196ed17fb36.JPG

(I didn't know Misty was Amish!  :P)

2004579463_SASSNewHQ.thumb.JPG.5a665ad33cbacc361a5fd3ce00906a78.JPG

I've often felt if I should ever move outta Tennessee, there are only a few states I would

move to....... Indiana is one of them.

Other than moving to Bucksnort, TN,  I would say 'Ya Done Good'.

;)

..........Widder

20 hours ago, Ya Big Tree said:

Welcome to Indiana. Where the grass is green and the humidity... well you'll find out.

True but also the land of a reasonably functional state government.  So we got that going for us.....which is nice. :)

21 hours ago, Ya Big Tree said:

Welcome to Indiana. Where the grass is green and the humidity... well you'll find out.

I'll finish it....................the humidity is as bad as Ohio next door!:P

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

....and Pennsylvania, next door to that. :D :P

Still I think it's a great move.  The politics are pretty good.  The cost of living is likely lower.  And, being that this is the office, (it's not a range or a match) it could be most anywhere and the job would get done without skipping a beat.  I mean after all, look at all the businesses that have their customer service far away or, for that fact, working from home.  Many businesses conduct their meetings via the internet these days.  

Why was this location chosen?

A small dying town in the middle of nowhere, an old forgotten building.

What kind of foot traffic goes through this town that would equate to new members?

Are we even trying to attract new members? 

I'd sure like to know the decision process that was taken considering we had the whole country to choose from.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Y’all talk about humidity, c’mon down to southern MS and LA where we gets days with 100% humidity and no rain.  The local weather lady rates the day’s humidity for a woman’s hair from normal to just give up and wear a ponytail.  

28 minutes ago, Colt Laredo said:

What kind of foot traffic goes through this town that would equate to new members?

I'd sure like to know the decision process that was taken considering we had the whole country to choose from.

Jealous ain’t ya! 

If they have internet and the mail gets delivered it will probably be fine. 

How much of the membership signed up because they walked past the office?

If the overhead goes down more resources are available to support recruitment, which I have to imagine would be more beneficial that foot traffic. 

7 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Hey MM, do you have any interior pictures? 

Best of luck on the move!

OLG 

The best Al Bore’s Internet could provide: https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/102-E-Rochester-St-Akron-IN/13267317/

4 minutes ago, Jon C said:

If they have internet and the mail gets delivered it will probably be fine. 

How much of the membership signed up because they walked past the office?

If the overhead goes down more resources are available to support recruitment, which I have to imagine would be more beneficial that foot traffic. 

100 % correct. 

HQ office location has zero bearing on the marketing or success of SASS. 

Misty

7 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Hey MM, do you have any interior pictures? 

Best of luck on the move!

OLG 

Thanks! 
I do have lots of interior pics- I’ll start a thread when we start the remodel/restoration so everyone can follow along! 

Misty

47 minutes ago, Colt Laredo said:

Have you ever visited Edgewood, NM? It's not exactly a bustling metropolis there pard nor was there any foot traffic.

I do find it interesting that you and Larsen (on a separate thread) both used the same phrase "small dying town".....have you been to Akron, IN? I have not, but a quick look at StatsIndiana reveals the same, albeit small, population level for the past 50 years. Actually it's had 10% population growth since 1970. 

Pretty sure Misty checked that the phones and internet work in Akron. Business can be conducted globally with those two pieces of infrastructure. 

Stan

I'm not sure why it located in Edgewood either. That was before my time.

It just would be nice if our Headquarters was located near a major city or attraction. Someplace that has thousands of visitors come through every day.

Then it could be set up like a national park visitor center and maybe it would attract foot traffic and new members who walk in.

I'm sure everyone who lives in Akron love their little town.

But it doesn't seem like a good location for the Headquarters of world wide organization.

With this location, all you have are phones and the internet.

Archived