SASS Wire Forum

Where do you get your badges?

Missouri Ruffian

I know, "We don't need no stinking badges!"  Never the less, I'm a newly appointed CAS Match Director and I want to grow our SASS club.  One way to elicit pride in the members and promote the club is through old west lawman type badges.  However I'm having a little trouble finding suppliers of such badges.  Other than STARPACKER, which are obviously quality badges everything else I find are "cheap tin stars".   Does anyone have a badge maker you'd recommend? 

Do you have a budget?  Quality badges aren't cheap, especially if you're trying to make individual identifiers on them.

Smith & Warren are a quality maker and will produce specialized badges.  There are others.

I order Blackinton badges for a couple of clubs. They're not cheap, but they are well made, and have a lifetime warranty on normal wear on the finish.

We did a badge order for Red Hills Rangers in January.  I tried using the local law enforcement supply store, but the person there sure did everything possible to make the process go smoothly...NOT ("oh, it's been such a week, I can't do ANOTHER badge order today" - a direct quote).

I duckduckgo'd "custom badges" & found https://www.epolicesupply.com/ , looked at the same badges that were available from the local store (guess where they get theirs), then called their customer service line.  The customer service rep was very nice, very helpful, we went through 4 possible options, she prepared specific quotes for each type, then, after the club members chose, was just as helpful when I placed the order.  One thing to ask about is a volume discount - even with our small club we got 15% off because we ordered in quantity.

Holler

Uniforms and Accessories https://www.uniformswarehouse.com/badges-ids.html?cat=640

542784830_IMG_1090(1).thumb.jpg.ec720f7da589114395d73fa39f82663b.jpg

Custom made, here is mine for the Whiskey Row Gunslingers:

1 hour ago, Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118 said:

Uniforms and Accessories https://www.uniformswarehouse.com/badges-ids.html?cat=640

542784830_IMG_1090(1).thumb.jpg.ec720f7da589114395d73fa39f82663b.jpg

Custom made, here is mine for the Whiskey Row Gunslingers:

Turquoise Bill gave me the same information years ago. These are great badges.

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions, but I think I have a winner.  Turquoise Bill's recommendation, seconded by Ya Big Tree, of the Uniform Warehouse seems to be the best I've seen.  Looks like good quality at a good price.  I'll think we'll give them a go.  Appreciate the help.

SMITH AND WARREN.

Archived