SASS Wire Forum

FS -Like New 1917' Win. 1897' Solid Frame (lowered price)(SOLD to Bear Run Butch)

Splitthumb

Up for sale , like new 1917 Win. 1897' Solid Frame  , this 97' is probably the nicest one ever posted on this forum . It looks new inside & outside , 98% wood and metal . I cut off a Cutts poly choke with  24" barrel to 20" with a 1/8" brass bead & installed a re -manufactured main spring (lighter spring) . I also cleaned and checked all metal to metal surfaces for burrs . The person who installed the Cutts Poly Choke muffed 4 different screw heads , I cleaned them up and re-blued them . I'm sure that I was the first to remove and clean the black factory grease from the receiver , bolt , carrier , and the rest of this like mint 97' . I purchased this 97' and 3 others over 4 years ago , I removed the soft case from the my Vault 2 weeks ago , I had forgot what year it was manufactured , absolutely beautiful gun in mint condition . At first , I thought that someone re-blued and re-finished the wood stocks , but not true . When I pick it up and just stare at this beautiful 1917' Winchester Solid Frame , this is the gun that Coyote Cap should have sent to China to make copies of . It is $1075.00 to your FFL's business address . Thank You for looking      I have more pictures if you need more 

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG

IMG_3436.JPG

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_3435.JPG

IMG_3430.JPG

IMG_3421.JPG

IMG_3424.JPG

IMG_3428.JPG

15 hours ago, Splitthumb said:

Up for sale , like new 1917 Win. 1897' Solid Frame  , this 97' is probably the nicest one ever posted on this forum . It looks new inside & outside , 98% wood and metal . I cut off a Cutts poly choke with  24" barrel to 20" with a 1/8" brass bead & installed a re -manufactured main spring (lighter spring) . I also cleaned and checked all metal to metal surfaces for burrs . The person who installed the Cutts Poly Choke muffed 4 different screw heads , I cleaned them up and re-blued them . I'm sure that I was the first to remove and clean the black factory grease from the receiver , bolt , carrier , and the rest of this like mint 97' . I purchased this 97' and 3 others over 4 years ago , I removed the soft case from the my Vault 2 weeks ago , I had forgot what year it was manufactured , absolutely beautiful gun in mint condition . At first , I thought that someone re-blued and re-finished the wood stocks , but not true . When I pick it up and just stare at this beautiful 1917' Winchester Solid Frame , this is the gun that Coyote Cap should have sent to China to make copies of . It is $1150,00 to your FFL's business address . Thank You for looking      I have more pictures if you need more 

IMG_3399.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3395.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG

IMG_3436.JPG

IMG_3420.JPG

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_3435.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG_3430.JPG

IMG_3421.JPG

IMG_3424.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

IMG_3428.JPG

Bump to top 

• Splitthumb changed the title to FS -Like New 1917' Win. 1897' Solid Frame (lowered price )
  • Splitthumb changed the title to FS -Like New 1917' Win. 1897' Solid Frame (lowered price)
  • Splitthumb changed the title to FS -Like New 1917' Win. 1897' Solid Frame (lowered price)(SOLD)
  • Splitthumb changed the title to FS -Like New 1917' Win. 1897' Solid Frame (lowered price)(SOLD to Bear Run Butch)

Archived