SASS Wire Forum

Widder Soft Stroke - part 2

Widder, SASS #59054

Hey Pards.

Attached is a video about 2 other modifications I have done on the Henry lever .22 rifle.

If ya got any questions, feel free to holler back here on the Wire.   I will probably answer on

the Wire so that others can see my replies.

If you are actually doing these mods and want to give me a call while working on your rifle,

feel free to call me.

865 / 696-1996

Hope you enjoy the video.

..........Widder

8 hours ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

My Grandkids will appreciate their Henrys more after I do the mods you recommend.

Thank you,

Johnny M.

Howdy JM.

If you get into some Henry's, feel free to give me a shout on the phone.   You may already

know a bunch of stuff but if I can add any info, I'll be glad to share.

..........Widder   (865 / 696-1996)

5 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

Widder,

would the "speed loader" mod work on a Henry Big Boy?

That would help out some of my club members who shoot that.

thanks

cheyenne

Howdy Ranger.

The modification itself would help with loading in this manner.   BUT, I honestly don't

know the attachment situation of the mag tube on the big boy.   AND, I have seen some

rifles that the end cap won't secure at the end of the tube without some modification to

the end cap.   Proceed with caution.   Call me and I can further explain about the end cap

situation.

I have used this 'speed load' mod on the Winchester 9422,  Marlin model 60, and Henry

..........Widder

:ph34r:  

Just got out of my brand new Golden Boy .22 (Henry replaced a failed GB on warranty, even though I was 2nd owner).  Did the soft-stroke mod, blue-printed the bolt dimensions, and am creating a spacer for the lever to prevent bending, as shown in your latest video.

What a great service you provide to the CAS community!

Kudos and many thanks!

17 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Ranger.

The modification itself would help with loading in this manner.   BUT, I honestly don't

know the attachment situation of the mag tube on the big boy.   AND, I have seen some

rifles that the end cap won't secure at the end of the tube without some modification to

the end cap.   Proceed with caution.   Call me and I can further explain about the end cap

situation.

I have used this 'speed load' mod on the Winchester 9422,  Marlin model 60, and Henry

..........Widder

much thanks

I'll pass this along to the club (I'm newsletter editor, secretary and drive the back up lawn tractor--they don't trust me to mow Main St so I get to do the parking area):D

58 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

much thanks

I'll pass this along to the club (I'm newsletter editor, secretary and drive the back up lawn tractor--they don't trust me to mow Main St so I get to do the parking area):D

I know the feeling..... some other guy gets to create the Henry .22 and make all the money while I get the

'make it better' part and help save people money..... ;)

..........Widder

Archived