SASS Wire Forum

Tom T Hall has passed!

Blackwater 53393

Just got word through friends that Tom T has passed.  He was a songwriter/performer of the highest order.

I worked and performed with his son, Dean for a number of years.

It’s already been announced on the Grand Old Opry.

One hell of a story teller!!  He will be missed.

Here is a link to the news.....

Country singer Tom T. Hall dies; wrote ‘Harper Valley P... | AccessWDUN.com

In the late 70's, I was assigned to the Americus, Ga. office of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, and worked many details in conjunction with Secret Service pertaining to the Carter family.   (Plains, Ga. was just a 10 minute ride from Americus) .      Tom T. Hall was at Billy Carter's daughter's wedding, and after the ceremony, all LEO's were invited to the reception party.  Billy was using Jon-boats as beer coolers, filled with Billy Beer.  I sat and talked with Tom T. just like I would with a neighbor.....He was most pleasant and likeable, never showing any indication of being stuck up as many other celebrities did.  His talent will be missed.....      

P.S.     I still have a partial six pack of Billy Beer given to me directly by Billy.    He was not the bumbling doofus that the media made him to appear.   Poor guy would be eating lunch at the Best Western restaurant, and several times an elderly tourist would walk up and snatch his spoon or fork from his hand so they would have a souvenir......Don't blame him for being arrogant at times.....

Archived