SASS Wire Forum

OK, Which One Of You Is This About?

Subdeacon Joe

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Weeelllll, Bob was Army. And he WAS in Germany (y'all remember the story about him going down the Luger trail, on them "White Stars" :rolleyes:?)

A fair number of the regulars spent time in Germany. 

I never made it to Europe, but the situation is "Not uncommon to the American Soldier."

Further, the defendant claims the fifth.

Duffield

Never been in that situation myself, but for the record I have carried a 3" lever lock switchblade on my person for over thirty years.  I also have two other smaller knives that are always in my pockets.  You never know when you might want to open an envelope, trim a string, dress up a fingernail, or whittle a twig.

I had a friend name of Gibbs, and I taught him to "never go anywhere without a knife".

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I had a friend name of Gibbs, and I taught him to "never go anywhere without a knife".

image.jpeg.5eb8571c18e1e6a58b63c52ff4885a3b.jpeg

I have the same rule…only that is rule #1 and in my rule you never carry just one. ;)

11 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Never been in that situation myself, but for the record I have carried a 3" lever lock switchblade on my person for over thirty years.  I also have two other smaller knives that are always in my pockets.  You never know when you might want to open an envelope, trim a string, dress up a fingernail, or whittle a twig.

I'm visiting family in LA, CA.  Traveled here by Amtrack and was advised no guns or knives allowed.  This is the first time in about 40 years I haven't carried a gun and over 50 years I haven't carried a pocket knife.  The second night on the train I saw a guy fiddling with a package of something near the coffee pot holding a folding knife with about a 4 to 5" serrated blade.  An Amtrack employee was standing right next to him and didn't say a thing.  I guess I could have brought my CCW and pocket knife.  No checks or scans anywhere along the way that I saw.

So far I think I've seen every LA stereotype except needles on the street and the hot model types walking designer dogs.  The funniest was the shirtless muscle builder walking his dog that stopped next to a glass door to check out his reflection and flex his muscles.  Homeless really are EVERYWHERE.  Been here for 4 days and have only seen one Police car.  I'm just hoping I don't have any reason to regret following the rules.

Sorry about the sidetrack to the thread.

Angus

Archived