SASS Wire Forum

Comin at Cha

twelve mile REB

Trailer broke down so looking at Motels in Paris TX, any recommends? 

I’ve had really good luck with Airbnb. Never had a bad experience. Usually can find something cheaper than or comparable to a hotel. Even get a bigger house and find somebody to split the cost. 
At Land Run last year had a nice house with garage. Didn’t have to shlep guns in/out of the car every night!

check this one out. 

https://abnb.me/TdcHhN18Nib

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

There is a list on the Bar 3 web page

Yes, just looking for some local knowledge.  Have a room at American Best value Inn but they don't send or give out confirmations. makes me a little nervous.  

7 hours ago, twelve mile REB said:

Yes, just looking for some local knowledge.  Have a room at American Best value Inn but they don't send or give out confirmations. makes me a little nervous.  

I stayed there a couple of years ago and don’t recommend it.  It was dirty and dated, during the week it was mostly transient works staying there if I had to travel 45 minutes to get to the Bar T I’d find another place.  Last year went to Red River Inn and it was much better, I’d recommend it.  There is also a couple of bed and breakfasts in Clarksville you might want to look into.

2 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I stayed there a couple of years ago and don’t recommend it.  It was dirty and dated, during the week it was mostly transient works staying there if I had to travel 45 minutes to get to the Bar T I’d find another place.  Last year went to Red River Inn and it was much better, I’d recommend it.  There is also a couple of bed and breakfasts in Clarksville you might want to look into.

The folks at Red River Inn seem very nice.

Family owned I believe.

I’ve cancelled my America’s Best Value Inn reservation in Paris, because of TS’s review.  We stayed at a hotel in Paris 10 or 12 years ago that was a dump and that might have been it.  We’ve found an Air BnB instead.

The RV share might be a great option.

6 minutes ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

There are 2 hotels listed in NB, a holiday inn express and an ABVI.

Really??? Hmmmmm...never heard , but if listed...there ya go.

The RV share has been a good deal for two sets of shooters...both different areas , great service.

I've got a JayFlight like in Singin Sue's post. The one listed is a bunkhouse model with 1 queen, 2 bunk beds & either 1 or 2 couch type convertible beds. It's in Clarksville I believe.

Paris has numerous hotels and all reasonably close to each other. Hampton, HIE, LaQ, Quality,  Comfort, etc. Some much more pricey than other. Couple in New B fairly new and as mentioned, probably closer in drive time than Paris.

48 minutes ago, Yusta B. said:

I've got a JayFlight like in Singin Sue's post. The one listed is a bunkhouse model with 1 queen, 2 bunk beds & either 1 or 2 couch type convertible beds. It's in Clarksville I believe.

All the ones I showed here are about an hour away...

But, the lat one brought out for our buddies was very nice...the owners drove 3 hours to bring it!

1 hour ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

I’ve cancelled my America’s Best Value Inn reservation in Paris, because of TS’s review.  We stayed at a hotel in Paris 10 or 12 years ago that was a dump and that might have been it.  We’ve found an Air BnB instead.

The RV share might be a great option.

Good call 

7 hours ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

America’s best value inn will send an email confirmation if you request it.  $64/night

No, they will not i asked. 

17 hours ago, twelve mile REB said:

No, they will not i asked. 

The America’s Best Value Inn in New Boston emailed me a confirmation without me having to ask for it.

36 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

The America’s Best Value Inn in New Boston emailed me a confirmation without me having to ask for it.

this is in Paris.  Too many bad reports about the Paris Best value.  Canceling

WARNING:

Reb, careful hangin out near dem boys from lower Luzeeanna...might be like staying near me and NS.

:D

I'm going to cancel mine in Paris and go to New boston I think

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

WARNING:

Reb, careful hangin out near dem boys from lower Luzeeanna...might be like staying near me and NS.

:D

You may be right them folks from upper Lozeeana were somthung  so i be kerrful with them lowers but NS kept you proped up enough to look real life like so it was hardly any bother at all.

Archived