SASS Wire Forum

Happy Birthday Billy Boots

doc roy l. pain

10 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

Happy Birthday Mr. Boots!  I predict you will be the World Campion when you get to the Centurions Category!

When that happens I think I will give credit and big donation to the Sawyer Academy.  Hoping you will be there for photos and party.

Thanks

Dang Billy, another one?? :-)

We sure had some fun times over the years. Shot a Sporting clays match with Todd (Handlebar Doc) a couple of weeks ago. He wanted me to say hi to anyone that might remember him.

Happy Birthday my friend!!

Long Hunter

18 minutes ago, Long Hunter SASS #20389L said:

Dang Billy, another one?? :-)

We sure had some fun times over the years. Shot a Sporting clays match with Todd (Handlebar Doc) a couple of weeks ago. He wanted me to say hi to anyone that might remember him.

Happy Birthday my friend!!

Long Hunter

Thanks Jim.  Would love to see you both.  Lots of good times together for sure.

Todd and another friend here in town is dragging me in to shooting clays. Wow, if you think cowboy shooting is expensive, try this game. :-) You need to order shotgun shells buy the pallet to compete. I'm not going to in to it that deep but will enjoy spending some time with Todd and Eddie (Wagon Boss).

You should come up and shoot one of these with us. It's humbling for sure.

Hope to see you soon,

Long Hunter

50 minutes ago, Long Hunter SASS #20389L said:

Todd and another friend here in town is dragging me in to shooting clays. Wow, if you think cowboy shooting is expensive, try this game. :-) You need to order shotgun shells buy the pallet to compete. I'm not going to in to it that deep but will enjoy spending some time with Todd and Eddie (Wagon Boss).

You should come up and shoot one of these with us. It's humbling for sure.

Hope to see you soon,

Long Hunter

Eddie still drive my Avalanche?  Remember the line at Clarendon match that time, "Is that Billy Boots or Wagon Boss?"

Can I shoot my SKB?  Still have the barrel from the one I bought off Cole Younger that had factory coke tubes in it.  I was fortunate to have cut barrel that fit that gun.  Still use it but I can snap that long barrel right on the receiver.  Always thought that barrel would be handy if we ever had any more of those targets like at WR that year with the "Queen Mary chain" on them.

Give my best to Eddie and Todd.  Miss you all.  And, a hug to Gail. 

Haha, remember those Queen Mary chains. That was the year they decided to come off of "you have to see color" for the SG's targets to count. Todd and I went to Walmart after the warm-up match to find heavy loads to knock them down and about 10 other cowboy shooters were in there doing the same thing. Had a good laugh with Bounty Hunter and China Camp in the isle of Walmart about how we were going to game those dang targets. :-)

Haven't seen that Avalanche in years. He bought that from you for his wife. Think he moved up to a larger vehicle after the kids got bigger. They're all grown up now.

Think you were the first person I knew that took those SKB's seriously. Wow Billy, a lot of water has gone under the bridge. Also miss that special moonshine you always had handy.

I'll give Todd and Eddie your best.

Take care my friend,

Long Hunter

Archived