SASS Wire Forum

Cold Lake Kid's Wife going for Emergency Surgery

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

After all the prayers and good wishes over the past few months, I'm sorry to let everyone know that the Doctors have advised us that my love of almost 60 years will not be able to return home.

She has reached a plateau that she is not able to get past.

The strokes she suffered, the delirium from the anesthetic and now dementia have left her bedridden and requiring professional care 24/7 

We have been fortunate enough to get her into a nice place and I was able see her and spend time with her every day until I tested + for Covid this week.

The staff are good to her and hold a phone to her ear for a few minutes so I can talk to her, but she falls asleep while we try to talk.

This cowboy is crying a lot right now.

Thanks for all your prayers.

Sherron B day three.JPG

My friend, my hand on your shoulder: yours is indeed a heavy burden.
I am a wordsmith and an accomplished public speaker, I usually have fine and appropriate words for any situation, but reading the grief in your lines and remembering my own recent distresses ... I'm sorry ... I can't think of anything worthwhile to say.

I do, however, know this:

To say nothing at all would be the worst possible thing I could ever say!

Howdy, I too am at a loss for words of my own, but these are words from Isaiah that have been a comfort to me in the dark valley of a year ago. Isaiah 51: 12 ,,,, I, even I, am he who comforts you. 

God has your situation in hand, and no matter the outcome he will be there as long as you need him.

Prayers will continue.

Jabez Cowboy

I’m so sorry to hear this. Prayers to both of you, you’re in my thoughts.

All I can say is that I understand, as I had to do that with my Mom. My prayers are with you.

Our prayers continue!!  Bless you both!!

1282271988_-.gif.15c061d76a5647071e38fa223add3fa6.gif

Cold Lake, you and I have only known each other only through this Forum, yet i feel you are one of my best friends and like a brother.

This news is as devastating as anyone could receive and I pray you will find comfort in the remaining time you have to share your love with Sherron.

My continued prayers are with you my friend. 

We lost my Mom to dementia 2 years ago, I understand your pain, frustration and possibly even anger. Know that East Coast Filly and I are praying for strength and comfort of spirit for you and God's Grace for her.

If I knew the words that could bring her healing, I would speak them. If I knew the words that could bring you comfort and peace, I would write them. Yours is a place many here have been, and it is my hope their journey brings you confidence as you travel yours. While my faith is not yours, I encourage you to be constant in your faith, as it brings you strength for the travails at hand. You and Sherron will be in my thoughts and my meditations.

Archived