SASS Wire Forum

Cold Lake Kid's Wife going for Emergency Surgery

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/7/2021 at 8:28 PM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I was pretty upset after   visiting Sherron yesterday. She was very agitated, confused and unsure about what she wanted, couldn't get comfortable and generally just not herself.

Doctor told me she now has a kidney infection they have started treating and it is the cause.

This is common with her situation.

Still praying

God Bless her, she ordered me get out to the CAS match today at our club, for a change.

I spoke with her several times while there, but I seemed to call just when another therapist was there and trying to work with her, so we hung up right away so they could get on with helping her get better.

She wants to see pictures of the cowboys tomorrow and to know how I did. (Bottom of the pack/cellar-dweller, but I had fun.) 

That's a great sign that she is getting strong enough to be worrying about you!

I've spent some time trying to process the meeting I had with the Doctor, nurses, therapists and Social Workers at the hospital. It's been hard to take.

Sherron is not responding well to therapy and the discovered she has had another tiny stroke, affecting her ability to swallow.

This, coupled with her inability to get out of bed on her own, requiring a two person assist to get into a chair etc. leads them to tell me that she will not be returning home any time soon, if ever.

Thank-you all for your prayers on our behalf.

Praying for you guys here. I remember when my Mom was hit like that.

O God, our help in time of need, Who are just and merciful, and Who inclines to the supplications of His people. Look down upon Cold Lake Kid and his Spouse and have mercy on them and deliver them from the trouble that now besets them. Deal with them not according to their iniquities, but according to Your manifold mercies, for we are the works of Your hands, and You know our weaknesses. I pray to you to grant them Your divine helping grace, and endow them with patience and strength to endure their hardships with complete submission to Your Will.

Only You know our misery and sufferings, and to You, our only hope and refuge, we flee for relief and comfort, trusting in Your infinite love and compassion, that in due time, when You know best, You will deliver them from this trouble, and turn their distress into comfort. We then shall rejoice in Your mercy, and exalt and praise Your Holy Name, O Father, Son and Holy Spirit, both now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen.

20210501_144531.jpg

I am very familiar with strokes and how they can affect loved ones. Keep you and the Mrs. in my prayers. What ever HE decides to do, I suspect that it will have a happy ending when the dust settles. 

I’m sending another round of prayers out on your behalf!

Give her our best wishes and all the encouragement we can offer!!

My son and I spent some time with Sherron this morning. 
While she had discomfort and tired quickly, they had her up in a chair for a while.

We spoke with the Doctor and came away feeling a little encouraged.

The Doctor described how she has had major surgery, a kidney infection and is dealing with trouble swallowing as a result of a tiny stroke.

Her (the Doctor's) prognosis was that Sherron's recovery would be slow due her age and all the trauma she has gone through of late, BUT that there would be more recovery than what we are currently seeing, albeit over a longer period of time.

Ian and I are feeling a lot better about the situation at the moment.

From the bottom of our hearts we thank you for all your prayers and good wishes.

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Her (the Doctor's) prognosis was that Sherron's recovery would be slow due her age and all the trauma she has gone through of late, BUT that there would be more recovery than what we are currently seeing, albeit over a longer period of time.

Ian and I are feeling a lot better about the situation at the moment.

Fan-dam-TASTIC!

(and I triple checked to make sure I hit the right emoticon on your last update!)

Continued thoughts & prayers for you & your family…..

Still standing up on my knees for your beautiful bride and yourself both!

‘Nother round of knee mail outgoing!!

• 1 month later...

I haven't posted for a while, because things with Sherron have been pretty static.

While there has been some progress, it has been slow. Her speech and her ability to swallow have improved but there are gaps in her memory and she still searches for words.

Doctors tell me problems, in some areas are a result of the anesthetic. It sometimes happens, to seniors, that the anesthetic messes up their cognitive senses and that is what we are seeing. Patients often recover but it takes a longer period.

We have started working with her to strengthen her arms and legs to help her stand as she is very weak.

Ian and I hope it's sooner than later as she has now been in hospital since August 13 and it's now October 30

Thank-you for all your prayers and good wishes. It means a lot.

CLK, you be sure to let Ms Sherron know that she's still on the receiving end of many, many good thoughts and prayers.  ;)

Archived