SASS Wire Forum

Cold Lake Kid's Wife going for Emergency Surgery

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still following this thread, still standing up on my knees for the both of you.
Bless you for reading to her until she fell asleep.

She had the nasal gastric tube out when I went in today and the speech and throat therapist has started her on some soft food, cut very small.

She had some kind of creamy soup and didn't see it again, but she is very weak and tires easily.

First food she has taken in almost two weeks that she has kept down.

I'm wondering if she has had another little TIA??

They have left the intravenous in and are keeping her hydrated.

I read some more of Alex Trebeck's book to her, which she enjoyed.

I see a small improvement and Ian and I are praying it continues.

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers.

Thank God for small steps! Praying here.

Spoke to her on the phone a few minutes ago. Nurses had her sitting up in a chair!

She has kept her soft oatmeal breakfast down, although she is still on intravenous.

Baby steps I know, but encouraging!

Ian and I will be able to see her, one at a time, for an hour, tomorrow.

Thanks for all the prayers!

‘Nother round of prayers for you and her!!

Tell her that me ‘n’ Schoolmarm wish her a speedy recovery!!

Big Red and I saw her for a little while on Saturday.

I tried reading to her, but she was very tired and felt cold in spite of being covered up and having extra blankets.

She dozed a bit then woke up, finally dropping off to sleep while we were there in the morning.

Here she is in better days on HALs Volendam on our way to our favourite destination, Alaska.

66460003Enjoying the Observation Lounge.JPG

Still praying here, claim Psalms 91

She was brighter today, when I saw her and not as sleepy as she was the other day.

She's eating soft foods, mashed/puree'd green and orange stuff (LOL) and soft diced chicken bits.

She really likes their creamy soups.

It's now three weeks since she went in by ambulance. 

I was able to enter today and spent an hour and a half with her before they booted me.

All the intravenous had been taken off the "tree" although it and the pumps were still there ready to go if needed.

Therapists started working with her when I first got there and got her to her feet

Using a walker and supported by two people, she managed about 20 feet round trip although she was very shaky and afraid of falling.

She, had no sense of balance and had trouble moving her legs as well as controlling them properly.

They think she has had another little stroke (TIA), delaying her recovery more.

I don't know what the future will bring, but she and I appreciate the thoughts and prayers being sent our way.

She was stable enough, long enough that she has been moved from the Surgical/Critical Care floor to the Rehab floor.

Not clear how long she will be there, but it's definitely improvement.

She was a bit confused about things when talking to the new Doctor, but hopefully that will improve.

Thanks again for all the Prayers and Good Wishes.

I was pretty upset after   visiting Sherron yesterday. She was very agitated, confused and unsure about what she wanted, couldn't get comfortable and generally just not herself.

Doctor told me she now has a kidney infection they have started treating and it is the cause.

SO sorry to hear this, prayers for you all.

Simply being in the Horse Pistol for a prolonged stay can cause a degree of confusion.

Sounds like they're on top of things.
My hand on your shoulder, my friend: I'm trying to think of something informational, educational, supportive, uplifting and at least a little bit humorous, and the mind just went blank, so I'll stand up on my knees again for the both of you instead!

This is a visiting day at the hospital, for her floor, so I'm off in the rain we are having here.

Just to cheer her up, I'm going rainy day cowboy.

It's a French language, French-Canadian hospital, so I'll likely get some sideways looks 

@Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474,

Continued prayers coming your way. Unless any of us have experienced the constant worries you are having during this difficult time,  we feel deeply for you.

Stay strong.

Prayers for your wife,  you & your family & know our thoughts are not far from all of you!

Archived