SASS Wire Forum

LOCKDOWN !

I didn’t obey the last one and it’s highly doubtful that I will this one!!

RESIST!! Do not comply!!

41 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I didn’t obey the last one and it’s highly doubtful that I will this one!!

RESIST!! Do not comply!!

Right?

We came up to the mountains almost everyweekend...home to 'home'.

Went to Tbones at least 3 times....

Went to places that were 'open'.

5 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

... and now my state NSW (the one I live in) as of 2 hours and thirty nine minutes ago is in "stay at home" lockdown ..........  :(

I don't like this covid thingy very much ...  <_<

They are using Covid as an excuse to keep YOU locked down Wallaby!   :P

:ph34r:  Covid itself is not as destructive as the governmental uses of it for control/domination.  When I get called on any resistance to 'official' policy, I suggest 'they' follow the REAL science........

If it escalates beyond that, I suggest they go do what hermaphrodites do best....:)

I'm seeing the mask requirement signs starting o pop up again here. Paper had an article today about one of the nursing homes here having another outbreak in the assisted living section. Delta variant. Most residents were vaccinated, but it managed to break through. Most found to be asymptomatic.:blush:

In my area there are no mask mandates but the Governor is in the midst of a recall so he hasn’t mandated anything. LA County is mandating masks in some areas but I heard that will change. 

If masks are absolutely needed then why hasn’t the Governor stepped up?

If masks actually work this should be a given. 
Apparently political motivations must be in play, otherwise masks would be mandatory - even though masks are like protecting yourself from bees by using a chain link fence. 
The Governor is relying on county public health officers to do their thing, but all the while up to this point he has given them mandatory directives. 

So, I deduce that masks are a feel good precaution and not necessarily good protection. 

I will wear my mask where mandated, like at work, but I was vaccinated. Do they not trust the vaccines? I am sure, like with the flu, variants cause the virus to evolve, hence the need for annual flu shots, but I had the vaccine in April. Is this vaccine no longer adequate?

All questions above are hypothetical. No, I don’t need an answer to any of them. I already know the answers. I just don’t want to give them as I know it will pizz a couple of people off. 

4 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Resist all you want.  When you find yourself or significant others in an ICU with a Respirator clamped on your/their face, don't expect sympathy.:ph34r:

I’m vaccinated and I’m getting the third shot today!  If I encounter a venue that I absolutely must enter and a mask is required, I will reluctantly wear one, (read that medical facility or essential business) but not without comment.

I will otherwise avoid any such establishment or activity and they can osculate my posterior or write me a ticket or whatever!!

So far, no one has challenged my position and I doubt that they will!

I WILL NOT WILLINGLY COMPLY!!  This country was established on civil disobedience and refusal to kowtow to despots!  In the best tradition of our ancestors, I will carry on that attitude!!

The unfortunate part of this is our source of information is the media. Which is biased. Getting out info from politicians, biased media, and liar Fauci leaves me with no confidence in anything anyone is saying.

Wear a mask, don't wear a mask. The cloth designer masks most are wearing are worthless.

Get vaccinated you'll be good, you need a 3rd shot, you need to wear a mask.

98.7% recovery rate for those who contract the virus!!!!!!

The number of cases were overstated in the beginning.

covidtest.jpg

I don't expect anything from anybody, especially sympathy, or anger either. 

My decisions are mine, and I do not expect anyone to like or not like it.  I make a decision, and the consequences are on me. 

Lots of folks took the vaccine, which was not FDA approved...it was simply allowed to be given. Just within the last few days has an FDA approved vaccine been offered. If one has faith in the government, and in this vaccine, either the officially unapproved one, or the now approved one, then you are free to take it. 

I prefer to see what the short term side effects are, if any, before I jump on the band-wagon. I can't really see any long-term effects, yet, since it has not been available long enough to find that out. 

The way I see it...bottom line is this: 

You can get vaccinated, and still catch the virus, and can still die. The vaccine will not be 100% effective in keeping you from getting the virus, or from dying from the virus. 

You can have faith in medical science to introduce a substance into your body, that took weeks to develop, and may or may not have any adverse side effects, other than a sore injection site. That is your choice. 

You can wait until there is an FDA approved vaccine available...which there is, now.

You can choose to take a chance, and wait and see what the short term side-effect are, if any. 

This virus, like the flu virus, will change over time, and we see that it has done just that. There is a "variant D" out there now. That means one round of shots won't do the trick. One will have to take a shot every now and then. The vaccines will have to be modified to address the latest variant. That mean you have to trust medical science enough to take the additional vaccines. 

A virus is so small that a mask won't matter. It may help psychologically, or help keep one from spraying others, if they sneeze, or cough. 

If one has the faith in the vaccine, and if you take the vaccine, then whether I do, or not, should not matter. You are protected. 

If the vaccine does not work, then whether I take the vaccine, or not, won't matter. 

So it boils down to: whether you take the vaccine, or not, isolation/and mask wearing, will be the order of the day. 

It has become a government: of the government, by the government, and for the government. You do as you are told, regardless of how accurate the information is, that they put out. Failure to comply will get you in trouble. As the Borg were so fond of saying..."resistance is futile".

The decision is, and should be, yours to make, based on what you believe to be right, and true. That may not always be the case, but, right now, at this point in linear time, in the U.S. of A., it is. Tomorrow, or next week....who knows? 

It also boils down to trust. Do you trust the government, and do you trust medical science? 

Some do, and some don't. We are still free to trust or distrust.

The deserved distrust of the media, and of leadership from the national level on down, makes it very difficult for folks to sort out fact from propaganda.  There is a real danger that we are developing a "cry wolf" mentality which will cause folks to ignore and defy sound guidance from any source - and that could be catastrophic given the nature of viruses and the ability of a virus  to evolve and adapt.

6 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Resist all you want.  When you find yourself or significant others in an ICU with a Respirator clamped on your/their face, don't expect sympathy.:ph34r:

Ya’ know?  It wouldn’t be the first time I was in an ICU and given my susceptibility to infection with the medication I take and my propensity for participating in risky and dangerous activities, it probably won’t be the last!!

I can assure you that if I end up in IC with a Covid-19 variant, I won’t have a respirator strapped to my face.  Having been informed by competent, trusted medical professionals that respirator therapy is NOT really good medicine, I will be having oxygen therapy instead!!

I won’t say what I’m tempted to as to your statement.  Although we don’t agree on a lot of things, Allie covered it sufficiently!

I got both Moderna vaccines. I also get the flu shot every year. I haven’t had the flu since I started getting the shots years ago once they switched the way the vaccine is made. If the flu shot is needed annually, you can bet a CoVid shot will too. Viruses mutate. 

One thing that I do daily that is healthy and proven to reduce the chance for CoVid or colds and flu. 

2x daily: 1000 mg vitamin C, Vitamin D3 (240% RDA)

1x daily: Zinc 50 mg 455% RDA

Plus I take lots of other vitamins and supplements. I eat lots of veggies and some fruit. I try to get 7 hours of sleep a night, though that doesn’t always happen. 

In Australia at the moment the Government is trying scare tactics, ridicule & the words 'untill everyone is vaccinated we cannot as a country move on'....load of BS.

My wife & I will not be having the jab....everyone has a choice, that is ours  !!

I was just checking to see where Fred was. And the article

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tropical-storm-fred-florida-dominican-heavy-rain-winds/#app

had this interesting statement.

>White House officials stressed the "most important" step to prepare is to get the COVID-19 vaccine "to ensure they will be protected" if they are forced to evacuate their homes. <

There's a hurricane coming. The most important thing to do - much more important than having a generator or storing water or buying milk and bread - is to get your damn plague shot.

The government says so, so you know it's true.

If you cloak something as a "safety" or "health" issue, it appears many people will accept that and fall into line.

Everyone wants to be safe and healthy.  So if you are against what they want, they put you into the reckless idiot category to discredit your views.

Now Illinois' Governor Pritzker has proclaimed gun violence as a "public health crisis."

I see a pattern.

Just thinking out loud.

A wise man once said "Repeatedly doing the same thing that failed with the expectation that it will somehow work in the current iteration is the definition of insanity."  Masks have failed (Lots of empirical evidence for that), Vaccines have failed (Many "Break through", some more wearing of masks and more shots of ineffective vaccine will somehow work this time?  I think not.  Those that peddle the party line are snake oil salespersons.  frauds, humbugs, flim-flam and flubadubs.   They are as Pat Riot said, selling chain link fences to keep out bees and mosquitos.  Locking us up is nothing but a population control effort - used frequently by despots and dictators throughout the world.   Those who blindly follow or promote these proven false methods are useful idiots and stodge.  JMHO.  YMMV  No comments on my post are required or solicited. 

STL Suomi

1 hour ago, St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905 said:

A wise man once said "Repeatedly doing the same thing that failed with the expectation that it will somehow work in the current iteration is the definition of insanity."  Masks have failed (Lots of empirical evidence for that), Vaccines have failed (Many "Break through", some more wearing of masks and more shots of ineffective vaccine will somehow work this time?  I think not.  Those that peddle the party line are snake oil salespersons.  frauds, humbugs, flim-flam and flubadubs.   They are as Pat Riot said, selling chain link fences to keep out bees and mosquitos.  Locking us up is nothing but a population control effort - used frequently by despots and dictators throughout the world.   Those who blindly follow or promote these proven false methods are useful idiots and stodge.  JMHO.  YMMV  No comments on my post are required or solicited. 

STL Suomi

Please watch your language, this is a family forum :ph34r: ;)

I liked one thing about the previous lock down, no traffic, anywhere.  The downside was I had nowhere to go. 

4 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

In Australia at the moment the Government is trying scare tactics, ridicule & the words 'untill everyone is vaccinated we cannot as a country move on'....load of BS.

My wife & I will not be having the jab....everyone has a choice, that is ours  !!

We have been hearing this all along.

Employers requireing vax or proof of test each week...on our time/pay, ect.

Looks like employers/insurace here are going to soon take $50 per each non vax...already do it for smokers.

Retirement may see a boost in the next few months.

2 weeks to flatten curve is all its going to take.

Audrain County mo health department  has an ad that says the vaccine is better than immunity from having the virus.

Vaccination that doesn't provide immunity is better than immunity?  Hmm to a virus that has a 98% survival rate.

15 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

2 weeks to flatten curve is all its going to take.

Audrain County mo health department  has an ad that says the vaccine is better than immunity from having the virus.

Vaccination that doesn't provide immunity is better than immunity?  Hmm to a virus that has a 98% survival rate.

We are hearing "we won't reach herd ammunity, without the vaccine"

Wait. What???

Sorry, that is not what herd ammunity is!

Let me make this very plain!  I have my doubts about the effectiveness of these vaccines!  I took the vaccine, as did all the members of the band I’m in because it’s been, and is becoming more of a requirement in many venues where we have the opportunity to perform!

YES!! I have immunity issues. The meds I take for unrelated health issues make me susceptible to infection!!  NO! That doesn’t include viruses! It has to do with bacterial infections and I have nearly died on a couple of occasions due to those infections.  I work hard to avoid bacterial infection!

Other than washing often, which I do anyway, I’ve done NOTHING special to avoid the Chinese Bat Flu!  I didn’t take the shots until not doing so became an issue where we perform!!

29 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Let me make this very plain!  I have my doubts about the effectiveness of these vaccines!  I took the vaccine, as did all the members of the band I’m in because it’s been, and is becoming more of a requirement in many venues where we have the opportunity to perform!

YES!! I have immunity issues. The meds I take for unrelated health issues make me susceptible to infection!!  NO! That doesn’t include viruses! It has to do with bacterial infections and I have nearly died on a couple of occasions due to those infections.  I work hard to avoid bacterial infection!

Other than washing often, which I do anyway, I’ve done NOTHING special to avoid the Chinese Bat Flu!  I didn’t take the shots until not doing so became an issue where we perform!!

And as 'free' people of choice, it should never be an issue.

Archived