SASS Wire Forum

Hm. Missed a UPS delivery...

So I just received an email from UPS stating that I missed a delivery, 'cuz I wasn't home.  Well... I was away for about a half hour today, but...

The parcel was supposedly from "Sedgwick Henry Wurst ES."

Now what the heck is a "Sedgwick Henry Wurst ES??"   Anyone ever heard of "Sedgwick Henry Wurst ES?"  I've never heard of "Sedgwick Henry Wurst ES."  :huh:

By the way - the only parcel I'm expecting is a set of dies, from Mid-South Shooter's Supply.  :rolleyes:

I don’t know…Did it arrive?

I got a text from FedEx telling me I had a package coming from a Kevin Hallan. I don’t know a Kevin Hallan. It turns out it was a delivery from RCBS. I had ordered a Micrometer Adjustment Screw for my powder measure. “Kevin” must have processed the shipment. 
Odd thing is I ordered the wrong one so I had to reorder. The next shipment notification said a shipment was coming from “RCBS”.

87B20661-D7E5-4A44-A598-D7BCC03B471E.thumb.png.68829be5f56144190951154211ef59b4.png

If you do not have a UPS MyChoice account, you will not get emails from UPS as far as I know.

I do have a UPS account. But even with that, I do not click any links until I look at the URL and make sure it is not link to some "wrong" place.

All of the links in my legitimate UPS emails link to either https://www.ups.com/any_other_stuff_here

or

https://wwwapps.ups.com/any_other_stuff_here

And even then, this ties in with emails from the vendor I bought something from, and they usually also email me with shipping status (and tracking number). So that ties in to a chain of legitimacy. I still look before clicking (in Thunderbird, hover the mouse over the link, then look at the bottom bar of the window; the actual URL is displayed there.

Between gmail and Thunderbird, most spam gets trapped out before hitting my inbox, but some crud always gets through.

It is not difficult to hide the real destination, so it is important to check before clicking.

http://this_is_fake.com

On edit: The fake URL is actually safe, just wanted to show a link may appear to point to a certain place, but actually goes somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

In the last week I have ignored six unclaimed refunds, nine misrouted packages and twelve busty chicks who wanted to meet.

Out of how many?:P

I had an order from Midway coming in and on the day it was to be delivered I was home working on the computer which is next to a window that overlooks the front door.  I got an email saying the package had been delivered.  I had not seen anyone and when I opened the front door there was nothing there.  I checked the tracking number and it said it was delivered.  I waited a day to see if it had been dropped off at the wrong address.  Nothing.  Went to a UPS Store (which is basically useless) and asked if they could check to see where the package was delivered.  Their computer had my address.  The clerk said only the sender can iniate a claim for lost items.  I sent an email to Midway and they immediately responded and said they would resend the package.  Got it a few days later.  The original has never turned up.

Actually, I DO have a UPS MyChoice account.  I logged on and re-directed delivery to a local UPS store, about five minutes from home.  And I received another "you have a delivery coming" email last night, and another this morning with the UPS store as the delivery point.

If I get a notice that it's been delivered, I'll go pick it up, and sniff it and listen for ticking before opening it... still have no idea who the heck  "Sedgwick Henry Wurst ES" is.  :huh:

Mmmm....  I does likes a good wurst from time to time~!  ^_^

image.jpeg.c3a38a957e46ed345fdbfa9b4e34a793.jpeg

How odd.

Just rec'd a text message stating that an attempt was made to deliver to the UPS store and delivery is now rescheduled to Monday 08/16/2021 by 7:00 PM.

An "attempt?"  How peculiar...

7 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

In the last week I have ignored six unclaimed refunds, nine misrouted packages and twelve busty chicks who wanted to meet.

Do you have the chicks numbers?

I've had several UPS packages that claimed to be delivered according to their tracking,   however, no package was at the house.  It turns out that UPS has a deal with USPS to make the final delivery on small packages.  The UPS truck drops the package off at the local post office, marks it as delivered and the mailman delivers it the next day.

This appears to be a legitimate notice. It is from the Sedgwick company by the mail company Henry-Wurst. It was a recall notice for certain Philips ventilation products. The UPS Tracking # on my received package matches the one listed in the email.

Well... I got it.

Had to sign for it too ~ an official recall notice for my CPAP machine - "if" it's one of the models listed.  All because of the Captain Kirk Mask Cleaner gizmo.  :wacko:

Doh!  :blink:

Phillips Recall Thread

• 1 month later...

Got a UPS heads-up that I'm receiving a shipment from SEDGWICK-HENRY WURST-ES

This should be either a replacement BiPap, or a new SD card.

If it's a new machine, it replaces my recalled (and ready for replacement) unit; if it's the SD card they called me about, I'll switch the new delivery into the machine and ship back the one currently on-line, per my pulmonologist's request.

This one is expected ... but like several of your honored selves, I too have received false and spurious notices that I should "Click Here."
Ummm ... no.

You could send those chicks over to UPS to collect all your important packages that are stacking up...

maybe Jamil will enjoy meeting up with Kenobo

Yeah, I keep getting all kinds  of crap phishing emails. I'd really be rich and have all kinds of neat stuff! Unfortunately, the wife bit on a scam e-mail offering an electric portable scooter. She's out $40.00 bucks, she went for it without asking my opinion. The thing was supposed to fold up small enough to fit in the back of our hamster-mobile. That's the  second of those that we've received since April  or May this year. I managed to keep her from falling for the first one.:(:angry::blush:

I had a iPhone that was next day shipped.  It arrived two weeks after the Carrier claimed it was delivered.  I’m guessing it was delivered to the wrong address and the receiver was honest to report it to the Carrier.   

Glad I'm not the only person to get the messages about Sedgwick. I also have a MyChoice account. I live in a rural neighborhood, & UPS loves to misdeliver here so much. Last time they ignored my house# sign, I painted my house number on my front foundation in 10" digits. No good excuse for another misdelivery. However, I don't have my BiPAP any more. I gave it to a relative who needed it more but their insurance wasn't paying for it. Their doctor was ok with that. 

On 8/14/2021 at 12:47 PM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I had an order from Midway coming in and on the day it was to be delivered I was home working on the computer which is next to a window that overlooks the front door.  I got an email saying the package had been delivered.  I had not seen anyone and when I opened the front door there was nothing there.  I checked the tracking number and it said it was delivered.  I waited a day to see if it had been dropped off at the wrong address.  Nothing.  Went to a UPS Store (which is basically useless) and asked if they could check to see where the package was delivered.  Their computer had my address.  The clerk said only the sender can iniate a claim for lost items.  I sent an email to Midway and they immediately responded and said they would resend the package.  Got it a few days later.  The original has never turned up.

Workers are stealing tracking numbers and scamming folks

On 9/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ and I missed that Nigerian Prince ......   :mellow:

Auburn University does, too.:(

One of our offensive linemen a few years ago was a real tribal prince from Nigeria.

Hardpan,

I quit paying the least attention to the tracking on a package years ago.  From what I've seen, reading tea leaves as about as consistently accurate as online tracking of a package. 

I had some parts delivered to the client's address a while back.  According to UPS, it was delivered around 1:30PM.  I was there at 10AM and the parts were already there (they get 2 deliveries/pickups because of online orders), so I went ahead and installed them- hours before they were supposedly tracked and delivered.

A couple of weeks later, I got a notification that some different parts were delivering to the same location.  Tracking said they had delivered at 12:30.  I came in around 2 and they weren't there and the UPS man hadn't been by, so I closed the call report out and left.  The next week, I got another notice so I went back by.  The receiving manager said that they came in on the afternoon UPS delivery about an hour after I had left.

I didn't look to see when this was posted, but here it is 9-28-2021 and I just received a similar email, but the address is where I used to live, so I suspect spam, myself.

I tracked it without clicking on track now, so at least I should be good there.

Archived