SASS Wire Forum

Is This Company a Scam Company

Unforgiving Bob

3 minutes ago, Unforgiving Bob said:

I am looking for a Gun Cart. I found one on line from a company Called "Range Tactical Gear" does anyone know anything about them they have want I want but am concered they might be a scam company.

Thank you

No, not a scam.  They came out with a "LEGO" answer to the Rugged Gear Gun Cart.  They have a real location you can look up.  And, they take credit cards, where you can dispute payments, and regular Paypal which also gives you some protections.

As for the quality of the cart, I haven't seen any on the range yet.   But, if I do, I'll be asking questions of the owners for their feedback.

Range Tactical Gear, from Rogers, MN are great people to deal with, we have 2 of the carts so far and probably soon will have the 3rd.  Each of the ones we have now replaced well used, broken Rugged Gear carts.

The carts are made from aluminum and have many options, accessories, and ways to customize for the individual, I jokingly call them erector set gun carts, as they remind me of my childhood erector set building toy.

The thing that sold me is that there is no cheap parts to break, they are tough light weight carts, and if you somehow find a way to break something Steve will be right there with the parts to fix it and wanting to know exactly what / how the failure occurred so it can be corrected in future models.

Best of all everything is made in the USA, no Chinese parts to break or wait for in the shipping stream.

F.S.

I have one of their Cowboy Carts and like it.  Built like a tank but folds down nicely.  The umbrella option is a must.

Just looking at the websites for both Range Tactical Gear and Rugged Ridge (the most common used in SASS).  It’s an interesting choice, I have a Rugged Ridge so I’ll speak about that for comparison.  RTG is 3 gun vs RR 4 gun; RTG all metal, RR metal frame with nylon; RTG 4 wheel, RR 3 wheel; RR comes with rain cover for entire loaded cart; RR wheel are bigger and run flat, RR has wheel brakes (didn’t see that with RTG). 

I like all the options that RTG offers and the fact that it’s all metal, but I think when you compare both with the same options they’ll be comparably priced.  Get what you like and meets your needs.  If you decide to go with RR @Scarlett is a dealer and a real good pard to deal with. 

Let us know what you decide on and why. 

1 hour ago, Unforgiving Bob said:

Thanks for the info...anyone else

Yes!

Great cart.

They are great folks.

We have the large cart.

We use two boxes on top shelf that have our ammo and use a ottoman for storage and a seat on bottom.

They are light, fold down very flat. Sturdy and very easy to manuver. Have to 'pivot' at times to make corners...but easy to do.

The 3 gun cart can easily be made a 5 gun with accessories they sell that fit on each side.

I will get some photos for you.

We feel it is well worth the dollars.

I like it, because we were able to make it personal on how our needs are.

9 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Yes!

Great cart.

They are great folks.

We have the large cart.

We use two boxes on top shelf that have our ammo and use a ottoman for storage and a seat on bottom.

They are light, fold down very flat. Sturdy and very easy to manuver. Have to 'pivot' at times to make corners...but easy to do.

The 3 gun cart can easily be made a 5 gun with accessories they sell that fit on each side.

I will get some photos for you.

We feel it is well worth the dollars.

I like it, because we were able to make it personal on how our needs are.

Is this the cart Joe & Martha sale now (Cowboy Shooters Supply).?   I believe company rep was with them at Land Run.  Scarlett was there also.

3 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Is this the cart Joe & Martha sale now (Cowboy Shooters Supply).?   I believe company rep was with them at Land Run.  Scarlett was there also.

Yes. They set up with Brisco.

They will be at EOT.

Here is how we set ours up.

Top shelf holds 2 ammo cans as well. I put our old cleaning boxes to good use. We each have our 'own space' using one cart. Plus for this: no more bending over to get things from the bottom of the cart during match.

I hang a small lunch bag to hold phone, keys, ect.

We put in two screws to hold pistol rack.

The foldable ottoman is $20 and works great. Need to build something for the base...but for now works great for storage and a seat.

I can put it together easier than the other cart and can lift it in and out of car trunk on my own.

Like I said before, the wheels do not 'turn'...but a bit of a tip back and pivot is easy enough.

(Forgive the messy room. It has become a 'store all' along with the loading)

20210813_055817.jpg

20210813_055853.jpg

20210813_060511.jpg

20210813_060808.jpg

20210813_060815.jpg

20210813_060836.jpg

20210813_060851.jpg

20210813_060912.jpg

20210813_060929.jpg

17 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

Boy that ottoman looks like a great idea     GW

It is GW...but, to have it sit firm it needs some adjustment.

The bottom has to sit forward a bit to not close levers on the long guns. So I think a simple wood base with a notch to sit over the front axle will do.

Right now we have to be a bit cautious when sitting.

May even build a taller tapered box to fit on the base of the cart, wider at top for ottoman lid.

The padded lid has to stay either way!!!

We can fit all our leather, cuffs and still room for bottles of wster, tool kit, CLP can, wipe cloths.

Putting the cart and 3 'boxes' in the car/truck is easy-peasy.

2 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Scarlett was set up next to Brisco and Queen's tent...so I am sure she was just visiting.

2 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Just looking at the websites for both Range Tactical Gear and Rugged Ridge (the most common used in SASS).  It’s an interesting choice, I have a Rugged Ridge so I’ll speak about that for comparison.  RTG is 3 gun vs RR 4 gun; RTG all metal, RR metal frame with nylon; RTG 4 wheel, RR 3 wheel; RR comes with rain cover for entire loaded cart; RR wheel are bigger and run flat, RR has wheel brakes (didn’t see that with RTG). 

I like all the options that RTG offers and the fact that it’s all metal, but I think when you compare both with the same options they’ll be comparably priced.  Get what you like and meets your needs.  If you decide to go with RR @Scarlett is a dealer and a real good pard to deal with. 

Let us know what you decide on and why. 

The Range Tactical cart does have a break.

20210813_081508.jpg

20210813_081517.jpg

My last little bit on my likes about the cart.

The back is at a slight angle.

Behind the long guns, there is room for me to put my backup pistols (in case) and holds both our slickers nicely and out of the way.

Area in the back leaves a space for a few items too.

43 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

The Range Tactical cart does have a break.

20210813_081508.jpg

Sometimes I'm  a little slow, as in my shooting. Thought you were referring to a broken place.:huh: But wait, it has a BREAK, as in means to stop.  Nice to have a break.   Maybe I should just take a break.:D :rolleyes:

Just now, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Sometimes I'm  a little slow, as in my shooting. Thought you were referring to a broken place.:huh: But wait, it has a BREAK, as in means to stop.  Nice to have a break.   Maybe I should just take a break.:D :rolleyes:

I wish I shot as FAST as your SLOWEST stage!!!:wub:

+ 1 for Shootist & Sue.  I have the two wheel Cowboy Classic.  Strong, lightweight, compact & maneuverable.  I added two plastic parts bins on the back, one on each side of the handle.  Each are sized to hold shotgun shell boxes, one for shells & one for cartridges.  I also attached old holsters to the side for my pistols.  The Classic is now on sale - $100 off.  A bargain.  I did make an improvement to the way the handle is attached to keep it from coming loose.  

2 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Oh poooooo!!! I spelled that wrong, didn't I???

I need more coffee!!!

Now that I have figured out what cart you are talking about, the Tactical,, it is definitely a extreme.y functional and good looking cart. If it on.y had a place for all my 20+ years of EOT and WR badges and other "trophies" I have on my cart.....and would fit perfect in Sassy's trailer. I really like the 4-gun and its capability to become a 5-gun. Lots of options also.

11 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Now that I have figured out what cart you are talking about, the Tactical,, it is definitely a extreme.y functional and good looking cart. If it on.y had a place for all my 20+ years of EOT and WR badges and other "trophies" I have on my cart.....and would fit perfect in Sassy's trailer. I really like the 4-gun and its capability to become a 5-gun. Lots of options also.

All those holes on the side of the back should hold hundreds of buckles!

1 minute ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

All those holes on the side of the back should hold hundreds of buckles!

just badges but I'm old, so lots of them.

20 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hang them on strips of leather!@@

You know me, I got to many trinkets 

Yep Billy You are Getting OLD....

You probably need to put the Brakes on and take a Break from Winning all them "Trinkets"

I'm surprised you're still spry enuf to push that Overloaded Cart of yours.... :D

I know a certain Cowgirl who sure fancied hers up! 

very high likelihood that if I ever need to replace my Rugged Gear I will try one of these. (But it won’t look like this one!)

EA6BE32C-5057-4E10-9F9C-28CFD8C4CA79.jpeg

1D337221-D827-4B8C-BEF9-B67AF0F01923.jpeg

3 hours ago, Major BS Walker Regulator said:

Being metal do they rattle or make noise when rolling on rougher terrain.

They rattle...just about  the same as our old wooden carts.

They do 'flex' so almost like the land rover on rough terrain.

And boy, have we been on a couple!

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

I know a certain Cowgirl who sure fancied hers up! 

very high likelihood that if I ever need to replace my Rugged Gear I will try one of these. (But it won’t look like this one!)

EA6BE32C-5057-4E10-9F9C-28CFD8C4CA79.jpeg

1D337221-D827-4B8C-BEF9-B67AF0F01923.jpeg

See...we gals know what works!!:wub:

42 minutes ago, Deacon Henry, SASS #53503L said:

Confused, rugged ridge is an after market for off road car parts? 
So it’s rugged gear and range tactical are the cart makers?

This is the company, new vendor for the cart we picked up from LR...the full fold down cart.

Screenshot_20210814-104111_Gmail.jpg

20210813_055853.jpg

Archived