SASS Wire Forum

Raffle Tickets Still Available to Win One or More of 10 Guns

Hellbender

Howdy Folks,

Please see the original message below about our 10-gun raffle if you are not already familiar with it.

Very soon we will start selling these tickets on site at 7 different big annual shoots (listed below).  If you are not planning on attending any of those shoots and wish to purchase one or more tickets, you can do so by mail. Please get your orders in soon while tickets are still available - see details below on how to order tickets.

Many thanks,

Hellbender

The Up the Creek Gang in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is now having its 2nd gun raffle to raise money to go toward building our new cowboy town following the destruction of our old one by Hurricane Laura on August 27, 2020.  We've raised lots of funds thanks to kind donations from inside and outside our club, from sales of various donated items on the SASS Wire Classifieds over the past many months, and from 3 previous raffles we've held - the Yule Lose gun cart raffle, the Bladesmith skinner knife raffle, and most recently, the 5-gun raffle.  We've made a lot of progress on building our town, but with sky high lumber and steel prices, we've spent almost all the money we've raised, and we've still got a long way to go.

Now that I've gotten over the preliminaries, let the raffle begin! 

This  is a 10-gun raffle for 5 rifles and 5 shotguns.  Tickets are $10 each, the drawing will be held on December 4, 2021 in front of a live audience, and the drawing will be videoed and put on the SASS Wire.  You do not have to be present to win (none of the winners in our 5-gun raffle were present at that drawing ;)).  Winners will receive firearms shipped FFL to FFL if need be (i.e. if you live too far away from Lake Charles to come get them or for us to take them to you).

The way the raffle will work is the same the way our previous 5-gun raffle worked - the first ticket drawn: first choice from among the 10 guns, 2nd ticket drawn: first choice from among the 9 remaining guns, and so on down the line until all 10 guns have been given away. 

Here are the guns in the raffle (plus see photos down below):

Rifles:

• Marlin (JM) 1894C 357 w/ Action Job
  • Marlin 1894CS 357 (NIB) w/ engraving by Aspen Filly
  • Marlin 1895CS 45-70 w/ engraving by Aspen Filly
  • Henry 22 Golden Boy Texas Tribute Edition (NIB)
  • Henry 22 Silver Series American Eagle (NIB) - this gun is on order so the photo shown below is a stock photo from the Henry website

Shotguns

• IAC 1897 CB Hard Chrome w/ Action Job & Extra Stock (the ticket says its stainless steel but that's an error)
  • Stoeger 12 Gauge Coach Gun w/Action Job & Engraving by Aspen Filly
  • Stoeger 12 Gauge Coach Gun (NIB) w/ Engraving by Aspen Filly
  • Stoeger 20 Gauge Uplander (NIB)
  • Stoeger 20 Gauge Uplander w/ Engraved Stock

How to obtain tickets (2 ways):

• You can mail a check (sorry, no PayPal) in the amount that corresponds to the number of tickets you wish to buy, made out to Up the Creek Gang, to this address:  Up the Creek Gang, 528 Jefferson Dr., Lake Charles, LA 70605. It can be a personal check or money order.  IMPORTANT: be sure to include in that same envelope your telephone number, mailing address, email address, and your alias (if you have one).  We will fill out the ticket stub(s) for you and add them to the bucket.  If you want, we would be more than happy to mail you back the long part of the ticket(s) that has all the information on it about the raffle as well as the same number that's on your ticket stub, or we could email you a photo of your filled out ticket stubs - just let us know in a note whether you would like us to do either or both of these.  You do not have to produce the long part of the ticket to claim a winning gun - you just have to have your ticket stub drawn (that's why we need all that contact information on the stub).
  • You can fill out your own stub and put it in the bucket directly by buying tickets at one 7 big annual shoots where we'll be selling tickets. Annual shoots where we will sell tickets are Hot Lead in Louisiana, the SASS State Championship in Louisiana, Comin' At Cha in Texas, Battle of Plum Creek in Texas,  Defend the Fort in Texas, the SASS State Championship in Oklahoma, and the SASS State Championship in Kansas.  

Here's the video from our previous 5-gun raffle drawing in case you never saw it

And finally, below is a sample ticket followed by a few pictures of the guns.  Good luck to everyone who buys tickets!

Cordially,

Hellbender

President, Up the Creek Gang

IMG_20210812_0001.thumb.jpg.f4a039052fd7f36cb55262dfc646767b.jpg

2007406654_TheMarlinRifles.thumb.jpeg.08e12401052516471e786f49be7ef448.jpeg

IMG_6030.thumb.jpeg.b4afac8e93e6f2346a91aa2af2328c8c.jpeg

IMG_6024.thumb.jpeg.de0f81ed60ce1f98eb1399b4b479288d.jpeg

IMG_6017.thumb.jpeg.aedeb832bb75670ea4be859a5920e729.jpeg

495684338_TheHenryRifles-Copy.thumb.jpg.0b43378998b2631dffe2fc23d0aa3887.jpg

IMG_6071.thumb.jpeg.8b3e19e0d48554d6551aeb3a0dae2751.jpeg

1418996834_theshotguns.thumb.jpeg.4ad387ba10ff4713681406144599eeb7.jpeg

IMG_6095.thumb.jpeg.84d2ba6eabe0d631abb19c6f38b9f3be.jpeg

IMG_6112.thumb.jpeg.b1fc5e771ba3b34c4ec26d7cfe6fcb79.jpeg

IMG_6108.thumb.jpeg.eb22d6ec0097b099769dbedc18630805.jpeg

IMG_6078.thumb.jpeg.373dcd9a976541f105e2405d238fd25d.jpeg

IMG_6085.thumb.jpeg.94c14c619471be07c5a009cd43432264.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Totes Magoats said:

I’ll be getting some at CaC next month!

Any chance of another Bayou Blast to celebrate the rebuild when it’s ready?

Totes

Many of us would like to resurrect Bayou Blast once the new town gets built but we don't know for certain at this time if that will happen.

1 minute ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

So, are you limiting the number of tickets?  
Of course I will buy, regardless of your answer to the above questiompn.

We're planning on selling 2,000 tickets this time (last time we sold 1,000) but that number is not set in stone.

2 hours ago, Totes Magoats said:

Totes

Well, Possum Skinner SAID they would have it!!  So lets hold him to his word!:P

So if I buy more than one ticket can I win more than gun ?  (You owe me after cheating me out of my rightful wins the last 3 raffles!!!!!) :P

I’ll get a check in the mail. 

3 hours ago, Totes Magoats said:

Totes

Sounds like a plan for me also

11 hours ago, Ezra Hawthorne said:

What is the latest date to enter by?

That's impossible to say, other than they need to be bought before the drawing and while tickets are still available.  Its the "while tickets are still available" part that makes it impossible to put a latest date to buy on this.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

So if I buy more than one ticket can I win more than gun ?  (You owe me after cheating me out of my rightful wins the last 3 raffles!!!!!) :P

I’ll get a check in the mail. 

Thanks Hoss.  Yes, you are due for a win by now.  And yes, if you buy more than one ticket you can win more than one gun.  You could win all 10 guns.  Not likely at all but still theoretically possible :lol:

51 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Are you selling raffle tickets at the LA state match?

Kajun

I haven't checked with Dusty Sometimes yet to see if we can but I'm hopeful.

31 minutes ago, Will Kane said:

Oh, boy! The drawing is on my birthday!

What a great birthday present that would be to win a gun!

10 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Are you selling raffle tickets at the LA state match?

Kajun

Kajun - I just got the OK from Dusty so make sure you bring lots of extra money with you when you come to the LA state match.  See you there!

Hellbender

Hellbender & company will be selling tickets at Defend Old Fort Parker on the 3rd weekend in November.

Hope to see you there.

And don't forget, all registered shooters will receive a buckle.

Hey Hellbender!  I will get some tickets soon, but I have a question about the '97, you sure that's stainless?  I never heard of that existing.  Maybe hard chrome or nickle?  Regardless, it will be my first choice. :)

16 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Hey Hellbender!  I will get some tickets soon, but I have a question about the '97, you sure that's stainless?  I never heard of that existing.  Maybe hard chrome or nickle?  Regardless, it will be my first choice. :)

Abilene,

I think you are correct.   Never heard of any 'stainless' 97's.

..........Widder

15 hours ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

I've seen it and it doesn't look like hard chrome or Nickle.  It looks like stainless steel to me.

I BELIEVE it's chrome. Check with Outlaw Gambler with Classic Old West Arms. They're the ones who sell these!

19 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

2 hours ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

I BELIEVE it's chrome. Check with Outlaw Gambler with Classic Old West Arms. They're the ones who sell these!

2 hours ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

18 hours ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

I've seen it and it doesn't look like hard chrome or Nickle.  It looks like stainless steel to me.

Abilene,

I think you are correct.   Never heard of any 'stainless' 97's.

..........Widder

I just spoke with Outlaw Gambler and he told me he knows just by looking at the photos that the gun is hard chrome.  Also, I gave him the serial number to check and see if it is one he had sold and sure enough, it was,  He also told me it was one of the early CB models.  After it was purchased, he had sent it off to have it hard chromed for the buyer. The listing of it as stainless steel was my mistake. I'm now going to fix the description here on the wire and in the Facebook post where the ad also appears, but it is too late to change it on the tickets because they've already been printed (but I don't think the winner will complain about the initial error after winning this gun on a $10 ticket ;))

Possum - have you thought of getting new glasses? :lol:

Hellbender

15 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

Yadda yadda a bunch of other stuff…

Possum - have you thought of getting new glasses? :lol:

Hellbender

Well ole PK told me that you looked good for a man of your age and lifestyle, you know he might need some new glasses! :lol:

Kajun

Hellbender.

As I plan to win, at least wish to win, one or more of the guns I would like more information about a few of the guns. Who did the action job on the first Marlin .357 listed? Who was the manufacture of the Marlin .357 that Aspen Filly did the really nice engraving on? On the two engraved 12ga SxSs who did the action job on the one with the action job?

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill Mathewson, 37826 said:

Hellbender.

As I plan to win, at least wish to win, one or more of the guns I would like more information about a few of the guns. Who did the action job on the first Marlin .357 listed? Who was the manufacture of the Marlin .357 that Aspen Filly did the really nice engraving on? On the two engraved 12ga SxSs who did the action job on the one with the action job?

Buffalo Bill,

Sorry but we don't know who did those action jobs - we just know, after examining the guns, that they have been done and done well.  That Marlin .357 with the engraving was manufactured at the New York site after Marlin was bought out by Remington.  The other Marlin .357, the one with the action job, was manufactured by Marlin in Connecticut before the buyout.  That one has the JM stamp.

Thanks for your continued support!

Hellbender

10 hours ago, Buffalo Bill Mathewson, 37826 said:

Hellbender.

Most of those guns were bought off the SASS wire or at shoots. Information wasn't asked or kept.

9 hours ago, Red River Rudy, SASS #8490 LIFE said:

I am going to all of the shoots you listed!  I will buy some tickets at each of these shoots.  You have to have Bayou Blast, you just have to!

Believe me Rudy, MANY of us want to have Bayou Blast again but it will have to be a club decision, most likely made at our annual members meeting in May when it will be brought up for a vote.

Since you didn't call me to tell me I won, I guess I lost on the 5 gun raffle. Will buy some tickets next time I see a ticket seller.. Surely I can pick up one of the 10 guns. At least I will have some chances. I want to see Bayou Blast come back.

Archived