SASS Wire Forum

After your monthly matches?

Dusty Devil Dale

We of the Rock River Regulators  of Beloit, WI hold a nice lunch after the match. We've been doing it since we started and have a decent menu of things we do. We usually have between 35-50 shooters  twice a month, and maybe half stay for the food. This changes with the weather but seems pretty consistent over the years. People hang out after the food is over for quite some time socializing. 

I think range location has something to do with the amount of get together after a match.  Our club is in a farm county location where no gathering place is on any common route home.  Many of our shooters travel two hours or more from all directions.  It's not real likely any are going to want to go 30 minutes in the wrong direction to meet up. 

The club house has a kitchen and when it's cold, someone puts on a pot of coffee.  Often someone or two bring some cookies or other baked finger food. 

On 8/14/2021 at 6:37 AM, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

After a match we have a varying group of half to a dozen folks who gather at a local general store/restaurant for a meal of excusafying, lying and braggadocio. But we have fun.

Imis

We aught to advertise that more...I've been a member for a bit over a year now and the announcement before the last monthly was the first I heard of that.  By then I had commitments at home to go to.

Most of our shooters at Orange County Regulators have always gone out to eat after the match.  Same as at Up the Creek Gang in Lake Charles.

I like the idea of having food at the range (and we've had pot luck here and there) better, but somebody has to cook.

This topic brings to mind a story about one of my best friends at the office years ago. He and his wife has become "born again Christians".  They attended and were active in church. Come Monday morning,  his big weekend activity report as all about the all you can eat buffet restaurant he, wife and congregation eat at after services.  I wonder if he got more out of the buffet than the church services. 

Usually after everyone gets through making fun of me, we go to the old country store what's been turned into a restaurant. That's where we get a seperate table for Imis' hat, folks excusify, and I try to explain a new transition I did at the match in a way that doesn't let folks know it was an accident.

3 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Usually after everyone gets through making fun of me, we go to the old country store what's been turned into a restaurant. That's where we get a seperate table for Imis' hat, folks excusify, and I try to explain a new transition I did at the match in a way that doesn't let folks know it was an accident.

There's way too much truth in that statement.  I expect better out of the reigning Tennessee State Champion  Liar?

2 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

There's way too much truth in that statement.  I expect better out of the reigning Tennessee State Champion  Liar?

...and when we get finished eating, all the cowboys carry me out on their shoulders chanting hip hip hurray! That's after I get through kissing babies and signing autographs.:ph34r:

Archived