SASS Wire Forum

WTC Boots. UPDATE #1 UPDATE #2

Hoss

In my never-ending quest for comfortable boots, I’m considering these . As boots are not required in aged based categories, and don’t have heavy lug soles, I assume these would be ok? I do wish the soles weren’t so white!

4B57A14C-507A-4349-B9DD-F8671BB987DB.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Hoss said:

In my never-ending quest for comfortable boots, I’m considering these . As boots are not required in aged based categories, and don’t have heavy lug soles, I assume these would be ok? I do wish the soles weren’t so white!

4B57A14C-507A-4349-B9DD-F8671BB987DB.jpeg

Those soles won’t be that white for long if we do this right! 

7 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Nothing a little liquid shoe polish or leather dye won't fix.

+1, not terribly unlike the crepe soled ropers I occasionally wear.  If I were a MD I'd call them legal.

25 minutes ago, John Ray Davis said:

Ugg. Wedge soles. Personal choice, but I like a true, separate heel.  (Something blocky, not a pussucat or stiletto.)

I’m kinda with you on that, but my old feet hurt, so willing to try something different. 

I just ordered a pair, will report back! 

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’m kinda with you on that, but my old feet hurt, so willing to try something different. 

I just ordered a pair, will report back! 

The solid base with the slight taper WILL support your feet much better and give you relief.

And yes...liquid shoe polish will soak in and color the neutral sole.

27 minutes ago, John Ray Davis said:

Ugg. Wedge soles. Personal choice, but I like a true, separate heel.  (Something blocky, not a pussucat or stiletto.)

I don't understand...some folks NEED these kind of soles. 

I know that folks that need them don't care whether I think they look good or not...and even if they didn't "need" them...and they LIKE them...who cares what I think.

They are legal...end of story!

Phantom

2 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

The solid base with the slight taper WILL support your feet much better and give you relief.

And yes...liquid shoe polish will soak in and color the neutral sole.

I’ll probably try to dye them Sue, but on the bright side, I Can’t See them when wearing them! 

Update….

Tecovas customer service certainly very good. Ordered yesterday at 1034. Arrived today 1335

Boots fit nicely. Felt good. Sole was kinda like a tennis shoe sole. Felt comfortable just walking around the house. I’ll give a full report once I’ve worn them for a day! 

• Hoss changed the title to WTC Boots. UPDATE #1
6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Update….

Tecovas customer service certainly very good. Ordered yesterday at 1034. Arrived today 1335

Boots fit nicely. Felt good. Sole was kinda like a tennis shoe sole. Felt comfortable just walking around the house. I’ll give a full report once I’ve worn them for a day! 

As comfy as they are, might want a sole insert for range days!

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

Update….

Is that the boot in the first picture?

Thanks

Randy

8 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Is that the boot in the first picture?

Thanks

Randy

That’s it. Bought from Tecovas boots. Handmade in Mexico. This model is $215.  

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Thanks, I had looked at their boots but didn't remember seeing those. I think they have a store in Nashville, I may have to go and try some on. 

Randy

5 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Thanks, I had looked at their boots but didn't remember seeing those. I think they have a store in Nashville, I may have to go and try some on. 

Randy

You can order them online, if they don’t fit or you don’t like them it’s a free return. 

Back in the 70s, I used to rock climb the high Yosemite walls in low cut crepe sole boots.  They were the standard for climbing then.   Then in about mid 80s, crepe was replaced by vibram, and  then later on by "sticky vibram".  The vibram wears better, but IMO, the crepe soles were much superior for gripping both dry and wet surfaces.  I'm sure you will like your new boots.   

• Hoss changed the title to WTC Boots. UPDATE #1 UPDATE #2

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

Boots were very comfortable thru a match. While my feet still are a tad sore, way better than before. I think I’ve found a winner! 

On 8/13/2021 at 4:12 PM, Hoss said:

Of course they're handmade...whaaaa? Ya think they have machinery in Mexico???

:rolleyes:

Archived