SASS Wire Forum

Follow up on Veterans I.D. card for those who didn't retire

RE:  

I finally passed muster and got notified my card was ready

turns out you go to the site and download the card and print it out on your own computer

I can't figure out if this is good or bad but at least it saves the government a bunch of $$ since they don't have to actually have to make a card and send it to the veteran

First time I remember the government not taking the opportunity to "throw money"  at an issue--guess I like it after all :D

As a disabled veteran, I have a VA Veterans picture ID card. The problem is almost all governmental entities (Fed, state, county, etc) won't recognize it as an ID card or to establish military status. They will only accept your DD214. 

2 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

but at least it saves the government a bunch of $$ since they don't have to actually have to make a card and send it to the veteran

The back of my veterans ID has an Office Depot ad, which I’m sure cut down on costs. 

still have my laminated TDL that has Veteran on it.   Just wanted to see what this one was all about

and yes, probably easy to forge the new card--I messed with the example on the first thread--link to it in first post.  Made one for Rocket J. Squirrel--he looks a lot better than I do

Archived