SASS Wire Forum

Wow maybe my message was misinterpreted…

El Catorce

has anyone experienced faster than advertised delivery from any company selling quick change kits for any presses?… whether they be blue, green, red or orange? 

Better wording.

It is hard to "hear" someone's intent...when written.

I believe ALL in the industry are fighting hard to regain what last year took away...cause and affect.

I stand with Dillon...

With that said...

Yes, most businesses give themselves a padded delivery to insure they can meet that timeframe.

I agree that you never can 'hear' the tone that a person writes in

I have been castigated by my child bride when I thought I was being humorous.  She does tell me I am an acquired taste

don't worry about it

and shipping for our hobby/sport/obsession has been very, very slow for a long time

I noticed today that Grafs has a big banner on their page about a Dillon shipment being on-stock.  Also, Double Alpha has been very quick to deliver their items marked in-stock.  I think Hoss got a new Dillon press inside a week where all others were weeks and months out.

NOTE:  I have had a set of 9mm dies on backorder with Dillon all year, they project Oct before shipping.  It is what it is and I knew it when I ordered.

Totes

I generally find delivery is just a few days slower than estimated for most items. That is for in-stock or already scheduled manufacturing.

Part of this is the perception I get from getting a "your order has shipped" eMail and all that has happened is a shipping label was printed. Add at least a couple days to get it into the shipper's hands.

For a company like a press manufacturer, I had heard of at least 6 weeks to get a complete press with all dies for a variety of calibers This was months ago). Certain calibers would potentially have longer lead times.

Looks like I should have ordered back then...

From that certain company that paints parts blue:

https://www.dillonprecision.com/backorder-status.html

• Square Deal B - 60 weeks
  • RL550C - In Stock
  • XL750 - 2 weeks
  • Super1050 - 60 weeks
  • Super1050 (no dies) - 2 weeks
  • RL1100 - 60 weeks
  • RL1100 (no dies) - 2 weeks
  • CP2000 - 2 weeks
  • SL900 - 1 weeks
  • Casefeeder - 1 week
  • Mr. Bulletfeeder - In Stock
  • Pistol Dies - 60 weeks
  • Steel Rifle Dies - 60 weeks
  • Carbide Rifle Dies - 60 weeks
  • Powder Measures - In Stock
  • Quick Changes - In Stock
  • 750 Conversion Kits - depends on caliber
  • 550 Conversion Kits - depends on caliber
  • SDB Conversion Kits - up to 60 weeks
  • RF100 Large - 1 week
  • RF100 Small - In Stock
  • Swager - In Stock
  • Essentials Packages - 60 weeks (due to dies)

The press I will likely purchase won't take that long (the XL750 is just a couple weeks), but having everything to load any caliber on my list, never mind some particular caliber, might take a while; my press will likely end up sitting for a while. Not any fault of the company, just the way it is at this time.

I received warranty parts(about 12) for my 650 in less than a week. (last week)

1 hour ago, two dot said:

Scheels stores in Great Falls Montana and Salt Lake City Utah had Dillon 750’s on the shelf at the end of July.

Yep, I ordered one online from the SLC store a month ago and had it in less than a week. They still seem to show in stock.  Don’t know if I got lucky or if their stocking status is accurate. 

https://www.scheels.com/p/dillon-precision-xl-750%2F650-quick-change-assembly/60982422059.html?cgid=all#s=rd_dillon&start=8

Good luck!

Archived