SASS Wire Forum

Kids lost their wagon

Wyo Joe

Well I spent all my dang money getting guns, so now it’s gun cart time and I’m all out of cash 

sooooo, looks like the kids are losing their old Radio Flyer wagon 

I prepped and painted the tub brown, added a plastidipped aluminum stand for rifle and shotgun, case for my pistols that I have a cushion on to use as a seat, bottle opener, and I took an old part from my grill and mounted to the back to hold screwdrivers, sand paper, some other small tools

spent about $20 on materials since I already had the wagon and some brown spray paint and plastidip. 

I’ll wrap up the covered wagon style prop top shortly, but meanwhile I’ve already loaded it with all gear and it’s a nice easy haul of all my gear and didn’t cost me 400-1000 bucks so it’ll work for now 

F4E7A3A3-654F-4746-8A95-F2CA910140A3.jpeg

A0C0F4BB-91EE-4777-A63D-BB5E1DA63DAA.jpeg

C1BE0B95-CE10-40D2-8C81-95316472EF61.jpeg

C45A2C7B-2E91-41AA-AD26-CD8C259194DC.jpeg

DE3F3182-51A7-4DDC-ABEF-446E1E406965.jpeg

DB015F96-CC58-444A-A04C-7E4F2B2008D4.jpeg

FF521A2A-AA04-40B2-B9D2-84EF573C9635.jpeg

Looks cute. Just keep the weight low so it doesn’t get tippy.  Also you might want to put some water repellent on the canvas, maybe like a Scotchguard spray to keep everything nice and dry. 

image.jpeg.de0378f68f77e4e91b2246a727c5efa9.jpeg

4 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Looks cute. Just keep the weight low so it doesn’t get tippy.  Also you might want to put some water repellent on the canvas, maybe like a Scotchguard spray to keep everything nice and dry. 

image.jpeg.de0378f68f77e4e91b2246a727c5efa9.jpeg

It is cute, I’ll take that compliment

definitely spraying down with waterproofer. 

all the weight is over the wheels and due to wheel base there’s no chance of tipping. 

2 hours ago, Wyo Joe said:

It is cute, I’ll take that compliment

definitely spraying down with waterproofer. 

all the weight is over the wheels and due to wheel base there’s no chance of tipping. 

There is no such thing as a "tip proof cart", especially with an umbrella attached.

Wyo, something you did not mention...a brake stop.

If you haven't already...I would put one on your back wheels. A simple L shape metal peace that you can 'toggle'.

We want to fashion my golf cart to have a conistgo wagon look!

Great job.

Wyo Joe that looks great, just remember, just like guns, none of us finish with what we started. Welcome to the game.

Imis  suggestion... make a belly pan to carry your ammo- get the CG down low for those rough, side hill ranges

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

There is no such thing as a "tip proof cart", especially with an umbrella attached.

good point, maybe I’ll need to consider an easy anchoring system

1 hour ago, ZigMar said:

To the OP, regarding photo #4, above, good of your kids to loan you their wagon already equipped with a beer bottle opener!  ;)

that’s why I had to take it from them, tipsy wagoning is drunk wagoning! 

That really looks good! Nice job.

2 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Wyo Joe that looks great, just remember, just like guns, none of us finish with what we started. Welcome to the game.

Imis  suggestion... make a belly pan to carry your ammo- get the CG down low for those rough, side hill ranges

I figure this will be temporary until I save up for a proper cart… great idea on a belly pan! I bet I could bolt on a small ammo can sideways to hold My ammo nice and lowwwww

Now it’s a convertible hahahaha. Easier to mess around inside this way so I don’t have to move the top on and off

chopped down the umbrella/rifle holding tube a bit to reduce length sticking out of the wagon when transporting, plus the shorter the upright is the less leverage and less chance of a strong wind tipping the cart when the umbrella is up

one coat of waterproofing done on topper, will add one more for safe measure and bolt an ammo can to the bottom and she’s done 

Fully loaded with gear/guns/ammo/umbrella in pics. Last pic of it setup

yikes looks like I gotta clean up this garage ASAP 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 8/9/2021 at 11:29 AM, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

@Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 thanks for the idea… ammo can mounted for lower CG. Thank you again, brilliant thought, still retain turning radius as well

image.jpg

There is one more thing you gotta do. Paint over the ATW logo and stencil ACME on it!

Archived