SASS Wire Forum

Colorado Jackson

McCandless

1977161624_ColoradoJackson.thumb.jpg.17e8862e0a8d3fb77db1dcab600192c9.jpg

Colorado Jackson - (Jeff Jackson, R.I.P.  Aug 07, 2021)

It's a little smaller & much sadder world today. Cojack was a good friend and a fine man & shooter. Way - way too soon for this cowboy.:(

Very sad news. Cojack was a great person and friend. He will be missed. Condolences to his friends and family

Was lucky to posse with him at State this past March.  Prior to that knew who he was as we live at opposite ends of Texas and I rarely was at a match he was at so really had no real knowledge of him other than knowing he was a very good shooter with lots of friends.   He and I were the main brass pickers and I found CJ to be a hard worker, kind, and encouraging.  

Was a shock when we heard the news this morning.

It is a big loss not only for his family.

But also SASS as a whole, and the local clubs which he was a BIG supporter of.

If the local clubs ever needed anything. He was always there to help. 

Our prayers go out to his wife Melissa and his whole family. 

RIP my friend.  

Sad news. Prayers up for his family 

CoJack was a fine man. I considered him one of my best friends, as did so many others. He is gone too soon and SASS will never be the same. 

0D487E28-0BFB-4176-AA9E-1072B8FE2182.jpeg

One of my heroes, a great man, a fellow Texan, I loved being around him, my heart hurts.  Sincerest thoughts, prayers, love and support to Melissa and family.  He'll be long remembered. 

Dusty Sometimes 

Condolences to his family and his many friends.

He’ll be missed.

For those who don't do FaceBook, this is what his wife Melissa Jackson posted:

This is the hardest thing I’ve ever typed but it’s reality. I’m going to share this with hope in my heart that somebody will read it, understand the reality of this incredibly dangerous virus, and get vaccinated in memory of my precious Jeff Jackson. We both started feeling sick last weekend and I called our primary care doctor. We did a telehealth visit Tuesday afternoon and the doctor immediately started treating us for COVID. They started us both on Ivermectin and also gave Jeff a Z pack. We started taking vitamin C, D3, and Zinc. We went and got tested Wednesday and both confirmed positive. Jeff ran a high fever on and off all week. He laid in bed most of the time and slept a lot. I would put my foot down and make him get up, move around as much as he could, even if only to walk to his recliner because I was worried about a blood clot or pneumonia setting in.

He couldn’t eat hardly anything all week. If he tried, he would cough so hard, and then he’d start choking and vomiting (this is reality). On Thursday evening, I noticed he would grab his chest when he coughed so I asked him why, he said because it hurts. I used a pulse oximeter to check his saturated oxygen (that’s the oxygen in your red blood cells) and it was 85 (95-99 is normal). He agreed to let me call 911 Friday morning after I checked the pulse ox again and it was still too low. They confirmed his saturation wasn’t good, 85 at the time and transported him to Methodist in Richardson.

He wasn’t allowed visitors because he had COVID, they immediately started him on oxygen. I got a call from a nurse telling me my husband was very sick and his X-rays showed pneumonia. She said he wants you to bring him his phone so he can keep in touch with you and I can’t tell you enough how important it is that he rotate from his side and stomach and not to lay on his back. I told her I would remind him. I took his phone up to the hospital and he called me at one point and told me what the treatment plan was 5-7 days in the hospital on Remdesivir, plasma, zithromycin, steroids. I started crying and told him I was terrified and he said “honey, everything is going to be okay”. We talked and texted several times throughout the day and at one point he said his saturation was 92. I had hope. My last conversation with him was around 9pm. He said I’m going to try and nap, I’ll call you in the morning. At 1:15 am I got a call from his nurse saying his saturation got too low so he was moved up to ICU on a bipap (for those that don’t know, it’s basically an external ventilator that pushes oxygen into your body).

When I hung up the phone, I started screaming and crying begging God to save my husband. I laid back down in our bed crying. At 2am, I got another call from the hospital telling me my husband went into cardiac arrest, they had been working on him for 20 minutes and I needed to come up there. Remember, I wasn’t allowed to see him before, but now that he’s dying, I can come (just let that sink in). I called Kent frantic and he came and got me. I called Jake (he was on duty in Lewisville). We rushed to the hospital. When we got down the ICU hall, we were met by a nurse. I’m sorry Mrs. Jackson, we worked on your husband for over an hour but he didn’t make it. They dressed us in gowns and gloves and allowed us to go in the room. My bigger than life husband of almost 30 years was laying there lifeless. He was still warm to the touch, but gone. Pronounced dead at 2:49am.

I asked the nurse what happened and she said he was complaining about the bipap. He wanted the mask off and she told him that wasn’t possible. He told her it was drying his mouth out and he needed a drink of water. She said she would get him a sip of water but he had to put the mask right back on. She turned her back to get the water and when she turned back around he was unresponsive and that’s when they started working on him. They said he likely had a blood clot in his lungs or his leg that went to his heart.

I lost my big brother on July 7th from COVID. I lost my husband exactly 4 weeks later.
Yes, I tested positive for COVID, but I didn’t get near as sick as my husband. I actually was well enough to take care of him all week, thank God.

Getting vaccinated is a personal choice, I get it. The reality is this virus is extremely deadly. It is nothing like the flu. It attacks your lungs among other things. If you had COVID and it was ‘no big deal’, consider yourself lucky. You got a second chance that my husband will never have.
Our boys have promised me they will get vaccinated now. Jake gets his first shot Monday. Maybe their dad’s passing will save their life.

Thanks for posting that McCandless...... I've been sitting here thinking about posting it for the last hour...........

I've know CJ since he first started shooting CAS.... sorta showed him the Ropes for a bit... But he Flew rite past me Real Quik!

I remember he wanted a memorable Pic for his icon here on the SASS Wire....

So after we got back from a Shoot he handed me his phone and had me take a few shots of him suitable for the wire....

I took a few and they all looked good OK to me... Except for one, I told him he was gonna get a ton of Flack if he used that one.

Well of course that's the one he picked.......

He said anyone that complained he'd tell em who he was pointing at and they'd understand!

233740427_2010647785755610_8039281513979590087_n.jpg.b43e819a8a0408c37de21856dece9248.jpg

I'm REALLY gonna Miss that Man !!!!!!

SASS lost one their best, and I think shooting will be different for a lot of people now. He had a lasting affect on a lot of people. Prayers for Melissa and the whole family. Thank you Colorado for being my friend, rest in peace, you will be dearly missed but never forgotten.

Jax T

Archived