SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse Request for Hugo Bear

Barry Sloe

For those of you that know Hugo Bear, he is my older brother.  He is currently in the hospital fighting a rare blood infection.  On top of that, on Monday he is going to have open heart surgery to replace a heart valve that was affected by the infection.  

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,

Barry Sloe

Update: 8-9-21; surgery still scheduled for today.  I will post another update as soon as he's out of surgery.

8-9-21: surgery has been postponed until Tuesday or Wednesday. 

8-9-21: surgery was postponed until Wednesday because he is retaining too much water.  So, more meds for that and trying to make it to Wednesday. 

8-11-21: he is currently in surgery to replace the heart valve. The surgery will take a few hours. From there to cardiac ICU.  

8-11-21: Dave (Hugo) is out of surgery and all is good.

8-12-21: Dave will be in cardiac ICU for 7 to 10 days. He had to have one heart valve replaced along with a bypass.  Surgery was 7.5 hours long. 

8-20-21: Stopped in and talked with Dave for a bit today.  He's in a "transition" room, not Cardiac ICU but not a regular room.  They had him up walking the halls this morning to help build his strength up.  He wasn't as groggy as the first time I saw him, that's a definite plus.  No discharge date as yet, but will be going to rehab upon discharge.

Thank you for all the prayers.  It's working.

BS

2 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

For those of you that know Hugo Bear, he is my older brother.  He is currently in the hospital fighting a rare blood infection.  On top of that, on Monday he is going to have open heart surgery to replace a heart valve that was affected by the infection.  

Sincerely,

Barry Sloe

Prayers up for your brother!!!

Prayers outgoing for Hugo!!

Prayers heading south from the northern side of the Medicine Line.

18 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Any update??

No update as yet.  After I talk with him this afternoon I'll put a short update on here.

BS

On 8/6/2021 at 6:33 PM, Barry Sloe said:

Sincerely,

Barry Sloe

Update: 8-9-21; surgery still scheduled for today.  I will post another update as soon as he's out of surgery.

8-9-21: surgery has been postponed until Tuesday or Wednesday. 

8-9-21: surgery was postponed until Wednesday because he is retaining too much water.  So, more meds for that and trying to make it to Wednesday. 

8-11-21: he is currently in surgery to replace the heart valve. The surgery will take a few hours. From there to cardiac ICU.  

Thanks for update.

Praying.

Still standing up on my knees for him and for yourself as well!

Archived