SASS Wire Forum

SKB made in Turkey?

1 hour ago, Mudflat Mike, SASS #20904 said:

Just got a call from a pard who bought an SKB 200 marked "made in Turkey" !  Anybody work on 'em to make a go fast gun or are they worth even trying?

I think I saw where Boomstick Jay had commented on them but don’t remember what he said other than they were nothing like the old SKB’s.

Randy 

The SKB guy in our area got one sent to him, opened it up, looked it over, buttoned it up and returned it to owner. He said everything was different inside, and didn't want to touch it.

If they are being done in Turkey, the actual manufacture is probably Huglu. Same people who make them for CZ. Might need some cleanup, but I’d expect it to be generally well built. 

3 hours ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

The SKB guy in our area got one sent to him, opened it up, looked it over, buttoned it up and returned it to owner. He said everything was different inside, and didn't want to touch it.

Of course it's different...the name "SKB" was bought a few years ago...no tooling...no nothing.

Now hope you're not inferring that the Turkish made shotgun is not of good quality. Turkey makes some real OUTSTANDING shotguns.

Phantom

I  looked into the new SKB SXS in the 200 Field series. This is the least expensive model.   List price is 2100.00 if memory serves me.  Unfortunately the 200 is  discontinued, at the time they had 26 left in stock. If I purchased all they would be 1800.00 each.  Then put extra work into them and didn't feel it would be a good investment.  

After just looking at the schematic in the sales flier I felt it would be an easily tuneable gun.  The springs are in back of the hammers and it has a mechanical trigger reset.

Nice looking shotgun

Archived