SASS Wire Forum

Prayers for an easy passing please

My Father-in-Law John is in his last hours. Beth is strong but we are requesting prayers for an easy passing. Everyone was allowed to come to the hospital to say goodbye so we are very thankful for that. My son John, his namesake, doesn’t really understand what is going on. I didn’t want to explain death to a four almost five year old. 
John is saved and will be with our Lord and Savior and his beloved Barbara who left way too soon. 

Our prayers are lifted to the heavens.

Praying here for you all. Been there, where you are.

O Almighty God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
we pray to You for Your servant John whose sickness is bringing him to the end of his earthly life.

You are the God whose only-begotten Son taught us that not even the smallest sparrow can fall without Your knowledge,
and that You hold all creation in Your merciful arms.
Look upon Your servant John and allow this illness to be for the death only of those things which are the result of evil and sin.

Let his thoughts be quieted with the peace and confidence of his final deliverance into the fullness of Your love.
Keep his soul and body pure,
and sanctify them during the time he  remains among us,
that on the last day he may be raised up with all Your saints to live with You in never ending glory.
For to You belong praise and worship,
to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, now and ever,
and unto ages of ages. Amen

I'm in on prayers for your FIL,  you and Beth's comfort.

May flights of angels sing your FIL to his rest.

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

John, how is the family this morning?

Prayers continued.

Hi Sue,

John is still with us, the Lord has not taken him yet. That man is strong! Yesterday was so bleak, the hospital called and said get the family here. The priest did an anointing and we thought he would slip away during the night, yet his soul remains with his body. 

6 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Hi Sue,

John is still with us, the Lord has not taken him yet. That man is strong! Yesterday was so bleak, the hospital called and said get the family here. The priest did an anointing and we thought he would slip away during the night, yet his soul remains with his body. 

Sending hugs!

Look to the blessings you can be by his side during this time.

"For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully, and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Your eyes have seen my unformed substance, and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them." Psalm 139:13-16

"The righteous man perishes, and no man takes it to heart; And devout men are taken away, while no one understands. For the righteous man is taken away from evil. He enters into peace. They rest in their beds, each one who walked in his upright way." Isaiah 57 1-2

Abba, Father, we pray that if your child is now at the end of his life, that you will grant our prayer, and request, to allow him to fall asleep without any suffering or pain. We know, and understand, that You have written, and ordained, the days that we have, even before we were conceived. No one knows, but You, the number of days allotted to each one of us. We simply pray that when the time comes, for him to pass from this life, that it will be a peaceful transition, for him, and for all concerned. We will always add, not our will, be done, but Your will be done in all things. In Messiah Yeshua's name we pray...Amen. Let it be so.

Sending Prayers, asking God to grant John a safe passing, into his loving arms.

May God grant you and your family peace and comfort.

Blessings+ 

Archived