SASS Wire Forum

Gun shops on FB

sassnetguy50

5 minutes ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

Unfortunately, you get the same thing if you search for the Single Action Shooting Society.

SASS.png

I'm sure this is because facebook supports legitimate sporting use of firearms... Except they don't.

And there is no movement to take anyone's firearms, except there is.

I just went and looked and had no problem seeing either page.

But there is a difference... I did not log in to facebook.

So now wondering if being logged in is needed to see the block; and then facebook would know who clicked through and who became afraid to follow the links. Not that facebook would keep track of what users of the site choose to look at.

I don't log in to facebook unless I'm locking down some privacy controls facebook opened up; my lady will (hopefully) look at both pages later today when she is logged in and I'll post here if she gets (or does not get) the notices.

My lady had no problem on facebook when logged in with either budsgunshop or sassnet.

She was not presented with the warnings when going to either page.

So what is the trigger? Is it links? Going to the page itself directly does not trigger the warning popups.

I do think this is worth exploring and I am out of other ideas.

4 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

My lady had no problem on facebook when logged in with either budsgunshop or sassnet.

She was not presented with the warnings when going to either page.

So what is the trigger? Is it links? Going to the page itself directly does not trigger the warning popups.

I do think this is worth exploring and I am out of other ideas.

Maybe it depends on if you use FB search or google search.

14 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Maybe it depends on if you use FB search or google search.

I did find the facebook pages using google search. Can not do facebook search without logging in (no search option on facebook.com, only login).

I do NOT understand why you would want anything to do with FB          IMHO       GW

My lady, logged in, was able to search in facebook for, and visit both Buds gun shop and sass net without the warnings.

So is it links or sharing? or maybe there is some other targeting?

3 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

I do NOT understand why you would want anything to do with FB          IMHO       GW

I really do not have much to do with facebook, but might have to some day.

I do recommend having your Facebook account so nobody else can claim to be you, and this means gathering about 100 friends and family to link (friend) with (to establish this is really you). Then other than going in once in a while based on changing privacy issues to lock it back down, never do anything else on the platform.

And when your friends and family ask why you did not respond to their posts/pms/shares/likes/whatever?Just tell them "I don't do facebook." Done.

Frankly, I do not understand why people are still on Facebook.
When FB censored the President, I closed my business and personal accounts and walked away.

I find it interesting how much abuse people continue to take.

I am not on Facebook and never will be. 
What makes me laugh is all these gun stores and gun sites getting their wings clipped then moving over to Instagram, which is owned by…..wait for it….Facebook! That’s right boys and girls, once Faceplant pizzes everyone off on their site and everyone moves they will take perverse pleasure in doing the same thing on Instagram. 

I was recently told that “If you’re not on Facebook you’re nobody” I am quite sure that person truly believes that. Poor dumb bastard. 

Howdy,

Computers were meant to be tools to help folks.

I get the feeling some people are being enslaved by computers.

Folks may have to think about hitting the OFF switch once in a  while.

Best

CR

From what I have seen and been told, it should really be “Assbook” ‘cause it appears that that is what most participants show when posting there!!  That includes my mom, my sister, and a few of my cousins!!

You might see me mentioned, but you’ll walk on water before you see me on there!!

Archived