SASS Wire Forum

Is anyone really that stupid?

Alpo

Be carefull!!   As someone else said  "They seem to take it as a challenge      GW

Every single gunshop I have ever been in has had somebody behind the counter say something to the effect of, "you don't even need to keep a pump loaded, just rack the slide." 

I can think of a lot of people that would think a blank is a good idea.  I can even recall a Forgotten Weapons video showing a European police revolver with numbered chambers 1,2,3-etc.  The police in this particular country were required to keep a blank and a non-lethal round in the first two chambers.

1 hour ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

They breath, they vote, they reproduce...copiously.  

And, Sadly, they are quickly out breeding us, in both our countries.

2 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

It could be a great Monty Python skit:

BANG! 

"Stop!  Or I'll go 'BANG" again!"

OMW (word)...Does coffee ruin a phone....'cuz mine is covered in it!!!

Somehow, Eric Idle's voice was heard as I read that!!!

They have a few different less lethal offerings. The reviews are funny. A mix of  "stupid idea" and  "the range officers thought these are a great idea for self defense". One person mentioned getting them for celebrating new years eve. Crazy.

Is anyone really that stupid?

Consider for a moment, just how stupid the average person REALLY is...

...then remind your self that half the population is even dumber than that.

13 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

They have a few different less lethal offerings. The reviews are funny. A mix of  "stupid idea" and  "the range officers thought these are a great idea for self defense". One person mentioned getting them for celebrating new years eve. Crazy.

There's a bloke in England who recently did a review on YouTube for a CO2-powered shotgun replica that fires rubber balls and is marketed as a self-defense weapon. It'd be okay if it was actually made of metal and not mostly plastic, since you'll probably be having to smash it over the guy's head as a last resort.

9 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

There's a bloke in England who recently did a review on YouTube for a CO2-powered shotgun replica that fires rubber balls and is marketed as a self-defense weapon. It'd be okay if it was actually made of metal and not mostly plastic, since you'll probably be having to smash it over the guy's head as a last resort.

I'm surprised those are even legal in the UK. I thought they had banned self defense as it violates the criminals rights.:(:wacko:

12 hours ago, Joke 'um said:

It could be a great Monty Python skit:

BANG! 

"Stop!  Or I'll go 'BANG" again!"

LOL. Most notable quote. Ranks right up there with "Just rack the slide and they'll go away" (actually this works but.....not reliably. sorta like "we bet YOUR life".)

Rock salt works. Lead works better LOL. Another variation of "we bet your life though, I am only acquainted with one incident where such a load worked. Friend of my Mom used her two barrels worth running off a couple burglars from her rural mountainside property. Son was more than glad to load up several replacement rounds for Mom's friend because she was my friend too. Got a prowler call one night, elderly woman surprised a peeping tom at the window. Was most upset that she had disposed of her late husband's pistol and inquired where she might procure another. Recognizing she was probably a little too frail to handle a firearm safely, I reccomended mace. (weren't no pepper spray back then LOL) About a week later we got a call return call and recognized the address immediately "Hey, itsn't that..." rookie says Dispatched clears again "Advise that complainant has sprayed herself with mace, I'll start fire" Rookie says "aren't you glad you didn't tell her to buy a gun"

Yes.

Figures it would be SG that's trying to cash in. Typical. However, it doesn't mean that those rounds aren't useful. Similar rounds are useful for crowd control, jail riots...until they figger out all you got is blanks. As for a "real" incident I suppose they could work. But if they don't, you're gonna be in a gunfight with a gun loaded with blanks. How stupid is that? Yeah, I sorta done that too. 

It's called force-on-force training. You put on a padded suit, the bad guy puts on a padded suit and you commence "arresting" said bad guy. Then there's the "gun guy" training. Everybody disarms. Only weapons allowed in the area shoot paint rounds. The fight commences. Who shot who is easily discerned by the pretty neon paint. Of course, one should never "volunteer" to be the OPFOR for say.....the SWAT team. (Hey, I was the training guy so it was my job LOL) Because they don't fight fair. They'll use real gas grenades on ya plus what is commonly known as a "distraction device". Big boom, big flash, no shrapnel. And machine guns. MP5's with thirty round mags of 9mm paintballs. And when they catch you, they'll unload everything they have LOL. (Don't ask me how I know that)

Y'all remember, many years back, when CCI was advertising their snake shot for self-defense? For people that wanted defense against burglars, but did not want the horror of having killed somebody on their conscience. So you could shoot somebody with this number 12 shot and they would realize they were being shot and they would run away.

I believe that advertising campaign lasted long enough for someone to point out that if you shot somebody in the face and blinded them, they would sue the living hell out of you. And if Joe Thug sued me, you can bet your bippy that I would sue CCI.

11 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Just get these and you can clean your shotgun at the same time you fend off the attackers! :rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.14c30f02b1ad6a8f179f0243871c06f3.png

My questions are simple, do they have enough power to knock over a steel plate?

Imagine shooting a match, and you load this as your last shell of the day - what a bonus it would be to clean your scatter gun with the last shot of the stage !!!

Or, you could spend 240 bucks and buy enough to shoot the entire match - then your gun wouldn't even get dirty !!

Not apporved for those of you shooting black powder - it doesn't make enough smoke

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

Y'all remember, many years back, when CCI was advertising their snake shot for self-defense? For people that wanted defense against burglars, but did not want the horror of having killed somebody on their conscience.

A couple years ago I walked into a gun store, and a young man next to me was bent down looking at the handguns in the glass case. When I struck up a conversation with him he said he was looking for a .22 pistol for home defense, because he didn't want to have to kill anybody, just wound them. I tried to set him straight but I think he was too ignorant for any of it to sink in.

14 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I'm surprised those are even legal in the UK. I thought they had banned self defense as it violates the criminals rights.:(:wacko:

In the UK, while castle law still technically exists (that's where we got it from), it's been neutered to the point of uselessness thanks to new laws that have been passed. You cannot use any greater force against an adversary or home intruder than he's trying to force on you. If he has a gun you may be able to use your hunting shotgun against him, but the police are going to want to know if you already had it left loaded ahead of time (illegal since all firearms have to be unloaded and locked up when not at a gun range). If you did then you're going to be arrested just for that alone because it looks like you were just waiting for somebody to break in.

And forget about keeping anything that can be used as a weapon inside your car. I knew of someone who got into trouble for having a baseball bat in his car. He couldn't convince the officer that it was for whenever he had a sudden need to go play baseball, so he was arrested and fined.

"I don't understand your level of stupidity, but I am impressed with your conviction to it."

I had a recent discussion at a the LGS with a new gun owner.  He did not want to believe that a box of Hornady .308 150-grain FMJs was not loaded ammunition that would work in his inherited Universal M1 Carbine.  I refused to open the box, just curious to see how far he would stick with his conviction.  I got no reply when I questioned his thoughts about the quantity of 100 in such a small box.

Archived