SASS Wire Forum

Found one...Looking for a Taylor's 1873 in white

Just now, Tequila Shooter said:

Freddy if’ in he says anything that don’t start with a 4 I’ll be disappointed with him ;) :ph34r:

I got a feeling you're about to be disappointed. I'll bet you a nanner split he says .38/.357

5 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Tennessee,

A friend of mine used to take all of his blue/cc guns down to "in the white" by polishing them with Flitz.  They looked great.

I bet that took him a minute or two! Reckon how time consuming it is?

14 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

I know how to find out :D

It'd give you a good workout and keep you from eatin' nanner splits fer a while :lol:

Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

I know how to find out :D

It'd give you a good workout and keep you from eatin' nanner splits fer a while :lol:

I don't have everything to do it with. Main thing I'm missing is gumption. Who knows? Maybe I'll step in a pile of it and try!

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

I don't know but I'll bet it would go a lot quicker if you start with a charcoal blue gun!

20" 357 I call her the lady in white. PGW SSS kit, mainspring coil conversion, PGW lever & lifter springs, extended firing pin, trigger job, stainless mag spring and follower, guts all polished up, jewelled hammer, trigger & side plates, PV lever wrap. PGW front bead. Slick as snot on ice anpurdy as hell. This was intendered to be my main match rifle, howsomeever, fore I really even got goin  I cut over ta 45. Actually shot a couple stages with it and thats it. Never intended to sell 'er but don't see gettin much use of 'er an thats a dang shame. She aint cheap but ifn yer interest is provoked, send me a PM and I'll send a few more pics

IMG_0439.thumb.jpg.549bd46f673ea3c3de7c873e620c1d31.jpg

10 hours ago, Fast Freddy said:

20" 357 I call her the lady in white. PGW SSS kit, mainspring coil conversion, PGW lever & lifter springs, extended firing pin, trigger job, stainless mag spring and follower, guts all polished up, jewelled hammer, trigger & side plates, PV lever wrap. PGW front bead. Slick as snot on ice anpurdy as hell. This was intendered to be my main match rifle, howsomeever, fore I really even got goin  I cut over ta 45. Actually shot a couple stages with it and thats it. Never intended to sell 'er but don't see gettin much use of 'er an thats a dang shame. She aint cheap but ifn yer interest is provoked, send me a PM and I'll send a few more pics

IMG_0439.thumb.jpg.549bd46f673ea3c3de7c873e620c1d31.jpg

PM on the way

How about a Henry Big Boy instead? It's completely stock, but it's really smooth. And when it jams, it's not that bad!

I've done several "de-bluing" jobs using Birchwood Casey "rust and blue remover".  Not hard at all and gives it that saddle worn look. Never had a problem with rust and I live @2 miles from the beach.

Good Luck, Pard!

20210127_170611.thumb.jpg.4309ef5e0830b9a6df409b045095cd19.jpg

• Tennessee williams changed the title to Found one...Looking for a Taylor's 1873 in white

Archived