SASS Wire Forum

Ok here is another WTC with video

Yohan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some things can not be unseen uuuuugh

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

I had a shooter once shoot 5, kept cocking and clicking at targets. I told him “that’s all in that gun, go to next”. He turned around, cocked pistol pointed at my gut, said “huh”? That .357 barrel looked big enough for me to crawl into! 
TOs need to always remember shooters can and will do some crazy things. Yes more likely to happen with newer shooters, but I’ve seen very experienced shooters do some crazy stuff too! 

Whoa! I know the two people involved with the following true story. Both were very experienced at the time. One was the LTO. The other was the shooter, who loaded 6 in one revolver and four in the other. "Empty guns" can kill!

9 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Like I said in my first post...getting into the habit of not holstering your first pistol WILL lead to you doing this when your pistols are NOT your last guns...and then you have to grab your staged pistol and reholster...there goes your fraction of a second savings.

Looking for folks that do this so that I can learn why they think it's a good habit...

Phantom

Howdy Phantom..Yes I  agree with your comment in that some may stage the pistol when not being the last guns used, however when the the pistols are last I believe that it's just something else to train your mind to do, I have started doing this & have no problems & 'so far' have not attempted to stage the pistol when  other than  last. On a side note I carry my derringer & as we know has to be cleared at the end of a stage, yes at the beginning of doing this I had to SDQ myself for forgetting to clear..it is  now entrenched as part of my unloading table procedures  & IMHO the last pistol 'thingy is no different , you just have to train yourself,I would concur though' why bother' .. for myself it's a personal choice !

Advantage to tabling..maybe a fraction..

Cheers 'Mohawk

39 minutes ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Howdy Phantom..Yes I  agree with your comment in that some may stage the pistol when not being the last guns used, however when the the pistols are last I believe that it's just something else to train your mind to do, I have started doing this & have no problems & 'so far' have not attempted to stage the pistol when  other than  last. On a side note I carry my derringer & as we know has to be cleared at the end of a stage, yes at the beginning of doing this I had to SDQ myself for forgetting to clear..it is  now entrenched as part of my unloading table procedures  & IMHO the last pistol 'thingy is no different , you just have to train yourself,I would concur though' why bother' .. for myself it's a personal choice !

Cheers 'Mohawk

Like I said, if folks want to add another element into their stage, go for it...not like I know what I'm talking about.

Complexity seldom leads to simplicity.

Phantom

Gator,

I also find it strange that the penalty for turning around and

pointing a pistol at someone is the same as leaving a round

in the rifle chamber while pointed safely downrange.

..........Widder

9 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Hey Hoss,

I'll let her and her twin sister practice with me back out on

the farm.

Her horse is welcome also.

..........Widder

Horse? What horse?

11 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Cheers 'Mohawk

If pistols are last and the table is the right height I'll usually put the pistols on the table.  This is last Saturday.

https://fb.watch/7ahQ0md4zf/

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

If pistols are last and the table is the right height I'll usually put the pistols on the table.  This is last Saturday.

Nice run. 
smooth

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

You'd better practice some more if'n you're planning on whooping up on this duelist.:ph34r:

Good run

36 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

You'd better practice some more if'n you're planning on whooping up on this duelist.:ph34r:

Good run

Glitchy rifle and fumbled my first shotgun load. Cost a second or so. I’ll be coming to TN State and I’ll be bringing a can of whoop a$$ to open:ph34r:

Hey Capt,

just thought I would toss a word of warning into those

proverbial 'Duelist Winds'.

TN Williams has been doing some 'Hummingbird Wing'

thumb exercises for the last 4 months.

Ironically, he has the double joint in his thumbs that are required

to thumb pistols fast but he never realized how to use that nor

exercise with them until I showed him how to do it.

He's gonna pick up noticeable speeds with the pistols, although

I can't do much for his SG speeds because he refuses to use a 97. :D

P.S. - I also can't help him with his mental state either.  He is a 

bonified, certified, purified NUT.

TN Williams: Hummingbird Fingers, Jr.

..........Widder

On 8/3/2021 at 2:31 PM, Yohan said:Summer dress was allowed, 

While we don’t allow summer dress at Wartrace there is nothing in the rules that says you can’t hear a noise and get roused from a deep sleep, strap your guns over your night shirt and run out to see what’s happening!

Randy

51 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

While we don’t allow summer dress at Wartrace there is nothing in the rules that says you can’t hear a noise and get roused from a deep sleep, strap your guns over your night shirt and run out to see what’s happening!

Randy

Don't know about the nightshirt but I need me one of them hats!

Archived