SASS Wire Forum

Musky toes

I use a black flag fogger to kill skeeters. I can't find any fogger stuff what says it kills other nuisance insects. They make any or what am I missing? I know this stuff kills regular ole flies but it doesn't specifically list anything else.

11 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I use a black flag fogger to kill skeeters. I can't find any fogger stuff what says it kills other nuisance insects. They make any or what am I missing? I know this stuff kills regular ole flies but it doesn't specifically list anything else.

The active ingredient is d-phenothrin, which is a synthetic pyrethroid. Pyrethroids are toxic to almost all insects. You can expect it to kill mosquitoes as well as flies, gnats, biting flies, biting midges, hornets, wasps, and other similar flying insects. It will also be somewhat effective against chiggers, spiders, scorpions.

BTW It will also kill beneficial insects and small animals like lizards. 

16 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The active ingredient is d-phenothrin, which is a synthetic pyrethroid. Pyrethroids are toxic to almost all insects. You can expect it to kill mosquitoes as well as flies, gnats, biting flies, biting midges, hornets, wasps, and other similar flying insects. It will also be somewhat effective against chiggers, spiders, scorpions.

BTW It will also kill beneficial insects and small animals like lizards. 

Dave, you're a fountain of knowledge. Thank you

I have been recommended to and have used a Thermacell.  This generates CO2 as an attractant and then zaps the critter when it enters the device.  Bug zappers don't do anything for skeeters as they aren't attracted to the light like other critters.  This is more friendly to other critters.  They make them in personal sizes and patio sizes.

DANG TW!  I thought you was talking about yore smelly feet!!:o :lol:

Archived