SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 41 Mag

I was in Marshfield Missouri for a Shoot .

While i was there i went to Marshfield Gun & Pawn. 

On the shelf was a Marlin 94 in 41 Mag . With a 24 inch Barrel. Pistol Grip .

Great looking Rifle.

I don't have anything to do with this Rifle. Thought if anyone was Looking for one .

I don't know if it is a JM Marlin.

1-417-630-0320 

Price was $1,595.

I called Marshfield Gun & Pawn today. It is a 1894FG, a real nice rifle. I had one that I foolishly sold. A 1894FG sold on GunBroker today for $1676, so this is a good deal. I watched two FG's sell recently for $2325 and $2150. Marlin 41 mags have been insane since the first of the year. I'm being content with what I have, sigh.

JFN

Man....prices have skyrocketed!!!

I guess buying mine back in 2015 for $685 was a pretty good deal!

9 hours ago, Ezra Hawthorne said:

Was it a .41 Marlin that you bought?

Yes, I am a HUGE .41 Magnum fan and have several in revolvers including S&W and Freedom Arms.......was a LUCKY find!!!

15 hours ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

Ezra call them and see if they will take a picture of it. And send it too you.

I would but a price tag of $1,600 far exceeds my available budget, so unless I should happen to win something in a raffle or sweepstakes it will stay on the shelf. :(

20 hours ago, J. Frank Norfleet said:

You need to post a photo of the stamping. Is it a 1894S, 1894PG or a Cowboy Carbine.

JFN

3 have Ruger stamped on them (40 SW and 38/40),  1 has a U... stamped and  a newer Winchester 92 made in Japan.  The Rugers and 92 will far exceed the 41 Mag with proper  reloads.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:08 PM, RIDGE WALKER said:

Yes, I am a HUGE .41 Magnum fan and have several in revolvers including S&W and Freedom Arms.......was a LUCKY find!!!

In the latter years of my 22 shooting IHMSA I had several 10" octagon Model 83 FA's, one was a 41.  I wonder what ever happened to it.  Yours is not octagon is it?

10 hours ago, Cusz M. Dutch SASS Life 55326 said:

3 have Ruger stamped on them (40 SW and 38/40),  1 has a U... stamped and  a newer Winchester 92 made in Japan.  The Rugers and 92 will far exceed the 41 Mag with proper  reloads.

I have one custom 8.5" ported FA Model 83 in .454 Casull.......but my .41 Mag is in the Model 97, the smaller frame.

really think the 41 should have been more popular but sometimes timing on introduction and maybe wind direction at the time greatly influence if a round will make it.  Did have a chance to pick up a new Marlin in the late 70's or 80.  Priced under 250 at the time.  Bought the 357 instead.

15 hours ago, RIDGE WALKER said:

I have one custom 8.5" ported FA Model 83 in .454 Casull.......but my .41 Mag is in the Model 97, the smaller frame.

Both Models are excellent revolvers.  I have taken many a bull elk and various other animals with 454  FA.  I have shot CAS with Model 97s for 20 years.  Bet that Marlin 41 in OP is a dandy.

Archived