SASS Wire Forum

Is this Australian

Alpo

or a typo?

The kid flew from England to Australia. "He stayed the first night in a motet in Sydney."

Is a motet some sort of temporary lodging in Australia? Or is it a typo and they meant to say motel?

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

or a typo?

The kid flew from England to Australia. "He stayed the first night in a motet in Sydney."

Is a motet some sort of temporary lodging in Australia? Or is it a typo and they meant to say motel?

yes

2 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Thanks Jack. Thought that's what it was going to be, but y'all do talk funny, so I needed to make sure.

.... we might talk funny .... but I'm one of verrrry few on here what don't got a accent -_-

16 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Australian motet.

depositphotos_22163033-stock-photo-old-tent-in-the-autumn.jpg

If there is vegemite and biscuits on the night stand, that a Deluxe Australian Motet

Just now, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

And a can of Fosters.

I have it on good authority that a true Australian wouldn’t be caught dead much less alive with a Fosters. 

4 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Ahhh, site of the backpacker murders.

And there is a Cowboy club right in the middle of the forrest...went there in '019 for the New South Wales State Titles, it is a bit eerie' driving up the narrow dirt roads to get to the Club..the killer Ivan Milat some years back had photo's taken of him with a lever action & shotgun..not sure if he shot Cowboy , some others may know,,rumour has it that more of the Milat family were involved but it's never been proven. For me it is a 750 mile drive so I won't be going there often !

Well as a result of this post I learned something.  Foster's isn't even brewed in Australia.  The two primary breweries are in Texas and Manchester, England.  Supposedly this is the most popular beer in Australia.

220px-VB-stubbie.jpg

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

923273E4-B49A-427B-9EE9-433DB88A6F4D.thumb.jpeg.3c0c43b95288d678d9f9494f77bde060.jpeg

Same reason I drink dragon in Jamaica. Wish I could find it stateside

3 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

And there is a Cowboy club right in the middle of the forrest...went there in '019 for the New South Wales State Titles, it is a bit eerie' driving up the narrow dirt roads to get to the Club..the killer Ivan Milat some years back had photo's taken of him with a lever action & shotgun..not sure if he shot Cowboy , some others may know,,rumour has it that more of the Milat family were involved but it's never been proven. For me it is a 750 mile drive so I won't be going there often !

Screenshot_20210802-215027_Google.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 10:00 AM, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

we liked you so let you leave, Ivan was a member there

Archived