SASS Wire Forum

Is EOT 2022 already full?

WiggleyDY

Space 20 BASF campground east, with one day deposit paid........ check

Shooter confirmation for main match......... check

Shooter confirmation for WB match.......... check

Five hunded rounds each for pistol and rifle for main match, another 600 rounds for pistol and two hundred rifle for the WB match inspected, and run through chamber gauge..... check

Three hundred once fired shotgun hulls reloaded, inspected and run through chamber gauge....... check

Will have ol' Red serviced and inspected in December....... check

5th wheel on shakedown cruise with wife this week, with myself and others next, then over to Colorado State match early september......   check

One bottle personal label Makers Mark to share with friends, (includes everybody!!!!) several standard versions available just in case.... check

So what am I missing?

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Space 20 BASF campground east, with one day deposit paid........ check

Shooter confirmation for main match......... check

Shooter confirmation for WB match.......... check

Five hunded rounds each for pistol and rifle for main match, another 600 rounds for pistol and two hundred rifle for the WB match inspected, and run through chamber gauge..... check

Three hundred once fired shotgun hulls reloaded, inspected and run through chamber gauge....... check

Will have ol' Red serviced and inspected in December....... check

5th wheel on shakedown cruise with wife this week, with myself and others next, then over to Colorado State match early september......   check

One bottle personal label Makers Mark to share with friends, (includes everybody!!!!) several standard versions available just in case.... check

So what am I missing?

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Not a thing!!!!

Yeehaw!!

12 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Yeehaw!

You can find us in BASF East Campground in dry camp space #90...

Look for the rooster.

We will be just about 15 spots down the road from Gateway Kid!!!:wub:

Sounds like things are shaping up nicely for a ……………

PARTY!!!

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

16 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Yeehaw!!! I expect squeezes!!!:wub:

What's that old song? "I'll be squeezing you in all the old, familiar places?"

Y'all behave!

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

What's that old song? "I'll be squeezing you in all the old, familiar places?"

Y'all behave!

Seeing you.

Seeing you, in all the familiar places!!!

33 minutes ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

We always behave! Its what we behave e like that is in question!

Have not seen my buddy in years!! A hug just won't do!!!

Just a bit of info for BASF East Campground.

We have stayed in the dry side for over 10 years.

We love it.

Some misconception in the past has been folks think the campground is full, when it is actually just the electric side is filled.

Dry camp has two bath houses, always clean...water can be filled from any open spigot.

Yes, gennies should be off after 10:30...

It has always been a pleasure for us, and have never run into issues.

The East campgrounds has a seperate gate, just to the left of the main gate...some have had issues thinking the code given you with your reservation is for the main gate...it is not.

Code is for the gate into the campgrounds.

Getting to the range parking is easy-peasy. Just hop onto the Carefree for about 1/2 a mile and use the Game & Fish entrance, and you come right to shooter parking.

So remember, if you get a notice saying camp is full for electric, there are most likely dry camp available.

100_0062.JPG

This is a potentially silly question, but I'm new so I hope you'll forgive its obviousness. I thought EOT was the national championship, right? Don't you have to qualify to compete there or am I just completely wrong about how it all works?

1 minute ago, Ocelot said:

This is a potentially silly question, but I'm new so I hope you'll forgive its obviousness. I thought EOT was the national championship, right? Don't you have to qualify to compete there or am I just completely wrong about how it all works?

EOT is the World Championship and Winter Range is the National Championship.  You do not have to qualify for any events other than State and above you have to he a registered SASS Member.

Ocelot...

As Tyrel said, you only need to be a current member to shoot either World Championships: End Of Trail or Nationals: Land Run

EOT has been held in NM since 2005 (?)

Nationals was held in AZ for 35 years (?)

Nationals was Winter Range...

Last year, due to many circumstances, the AZ Rough Riders were asked to take over EOT...and the Territorial Marshals were asked to take over Nationals as Land Run.

(the name Winter Range has been retired)

EOT is in Phx AZ in Feb

Info at endoftrail.org

Land Run is in OK in Oct

As these ARE National and World Championships, shooters need to be compitent in shooting and saftey and knowledgable in the rules.

But, there is no qualifying required.

I have seen some very new shooters do very well...and have seen some who were not ready to compete and ended up with MDQs from varied reasons...

If you are able to attend either, I suggest coming as someone's GUEST or  as a Conventioneer.

You can find the info you need by going to the Websights.

Archived