SASS Wire Forum

Is EOT 2022 already full?

WiggleyDY

6 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

It is. But get on the waiting list now, if you want any chance .

What Sue said, get on the waiting list.

11 hours ago, Snakebite said:

Sure wanted to get in on it this year. Just couldn't commit yet. 

Snakebite

Get on the waiting list.

I do not believe payment is due untill you are notified you made it in...Rattlesnake Slim will correct me if I'm wrong.

But get your spot on the waiting list if you want a chance!:wub:

Is this where we resurrect the posts from this past spring which bemoaned the fact that the chosen location of our world championships cannot accommodate everyone that wants attend.

Personally I thought that post was BS then and is BS now, but I don't want the folks in Phoenix to miss out on the same attention and criticism that our Indiana pards got.

29 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Is this where we resurrect the posts from this past spring which bemoaned the fact that the chosen location of our world championships cannot accommodate everyone that wants attend.

Personally I thought that post was BS then and is BS now, but I don't want the folks in Phoenix to miss out on the same attention and criticism that our Indiana pards got.

Really???

In EVERY venue, there is going to be a capacity limit...

4 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I think that post...or complaints where more focused on the fact that the limit was reduced pretty dramatically. What was the limit...500? From 720ish, that's a big reduction.

Is what it is...

Phantom

Our current limit for EOT 2022 is 756 shooters, 36 posses of 21 shooters for the cowboy match. 

TB

If I remember correctly, 

Shooters that were signed up for Winter Range this year when it was cancelled,were offered the chance to "roll over" their application and fees to EOT for next year.

I'm  sure a large percentage of those who were signed up did so(I know I did).

This could have contributed to the sign up list being filled so quickly.

17 minutes ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

Any chance for a who’s coming list. I know you are busy. Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,

Fox

Sunshine Kay is working on getting a Who's Comin' list shortly, as Seival Slim is also working on getting it put on the new webpage.

Please be a bit patient folks...this is a big endeavor !!!

So...coming soon!!!

While we were not planning to attend EOT this year, I am excited to see that it sold out again, and did so quickly.

First, because is shows that there appears to be an uptick in the desire to attend the big matches by shooters, something that has been a bit lackluster of late.

Second, as someone who has run other SASS Sanctioned matches, having the match fill-up well before the deadline allows the Match Director to plan the event knowing exactly what their budget will be for the event.  Having applications straggle in up to the week before the event is a nightmare for planning.

Third, and related to number 2, the Shooters will have a much better experience BECAUSE the Match Director knows what the budget will be, can get awards, banquets, entertainment, etc booked and have time to negotiate with the vendors who will ultimately be providing those amenities.  It greatly improves the quality of the experience for everyone.

While some folks will undoubtedly be unhappy because they did not make the cut, my suggestion is that they take the funds they had budgeted for EOT and use them to attend their Regional Match, or their State Match, or better yet, both!

Register Early!  It helps everyone!

Climbing off soapbox...:blush::P:lol:

soapbox.jpg.8ca9a0c6c5a8fc454b5f5f6279bd5a96.jpg

2 hours ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

Email sent to Singin Sue

Actually, your email went to Kay...your PM came to me;)

Folks, Sunshine Kay is who you need to email.

I have nothing to do with registration, ect.

so, again...

Sunshine Kay

register@endoftrail.org

Recieved an email from her today that apparently was sent to all who have registered to let them know they are in with details on the entry later.

On 8/8/2021 at 5:26 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Recieved an email from her today that apparently was sent to all who have registered to let them know they are in with details on the entry later.

I'm in!

Archived