SASS Wire Forum

Stoopid

Snakebite

I've been reading the various post here on the SASS wire lately and just don't understand some of the stupid questions and answers that have been popping up. It's like some of these folks are only using 10% of their brain. It makes you wonder, what are they doing with the other 40%? :P

I have half a mind to give you a piece of my mind!!

56 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

I've been reading the various post here on the SASS wire lately and just don't understand some of the stupid questions and answers that have been popping up. It's like some of these folks are only using 10% of their brain. It makes you wonder, what are they doing with the other 40%? :P

Oh...and just saw the %s and the emoji...

Well, scroll on!...:wub:

There are no stupid questions.  There are only stupid people asking questions.

Having posed the general rule I risk breaking it by asking the following questions that I genuinely do not know the answers to.  What is the difference between a sticky cartoon and a meme?  Also, what does Ba-dump Tissah mean?

@Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933  The cartoon thread is a "sticky" because it has been locked in at the top of the forum so that it is readily accessible to people looking for it.  It is popular and widely used.  A meme, by definition is "a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by internet users." .  So a cartoon may be part of a meme, but a meme is not necessarily a cartoon.  The "Ba-dump Tissah" is a reference to the rimshot normally following a punchline, I believe.  If I am wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me!

2 hours ago, Snakebite said:

I guess if everyone were as smart as you there'd be no need for a wire to post anything.

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Having posed the general rule I risk breaking it by asking the following questions that I genuinely do not know the answers to.  What is the difference between a sticky cartoon and a meme?  Also, what does Ba-dump Tissah mean?

Functionally, there's no longer any difference between the cartoon, meme and Friday humor threads. I'm seeing the same images repeated across all the threads. Getting kinda boring.

And yep, Ba-Dump-Tish is a reference to the old drum and symbal riff to underscore the joke from the comic on stage. 

2 hours ago, Snakebite said:

...It makes you wonder, what are they doing with the other 40%? :P

Voting?

37 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

I guess if everyone were as smart as you there'd be no need for a wire to post 

Humm, might try reading it again.

There oughta be a rule! No similar posts unless your shooting double duelist and only then if you’re doing better n any day ending in “Y”! :P

And just think.......Cartoon Thread has been viewed on 205 pages as of today.....and I seem to recall that someone didn't care for the cartoons once upon a time.......

4 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I really don't think ANY question is stupid

That almost sounds like a challenge!     :P

5 hours ago, Snakebite said:

Fantum has your title word copy write protected so now you owe him.:D.

6 hours ago, Snakebite said:

3 hours ago, Snakebite said:

Humm, might try reading it again.

You specifically mention the SASS wire (not the Saloon) and stupid questions and answers.

OK - I guess I don't get it.

1 minute ago, Chief Rick said:

OK - I guess I don't get it.

He said

It's like some of these folks are only using 10% of their brain. It makes you wonder, what are they doing with the other 40%? 

10% and 40% is only 50%, not 100.

Guess I couldn't see the forest for the trees...

Not the first time. A good sense of humor is not something I've been blessed with.

No offense meant @Snakebite, guess I'm the dense one...

5 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I really don't think ANY question is stupid...if, for instance I ask a question, it is because I don't know the answer.;)

Now...some of the posts are posed as questions for conversation and a bit of 'thinking'.

Thinking can be dangerous around here.

6 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I really don't think ANY question is stupid...if, for instance I ask a question, it is because I don't know the answer.;)

Now...some of the posts are posed as questions for conversation and a bit of 'thinking'.

5 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I was always taught by my folks there was no such thing as a stupid question...then I started working in Corrections...

It's 25 or 6 to 4

44 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Does anyone really know what time it is??

30 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Does anybody really care? :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

It's 25 or 6 to 4

..... a classic example  -_-

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

There oughta be a rule! No similar posts unless your shooting double duelist and only then if you’re doing better n any day ending in “Y”! :P

How about us gunfighters?  We see double most of the time.

4 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

How about us gunfighters?  We see double most of the time.

Oh, by all means…double em up, shoot em down. :lol:

Archived