SASS Wire Forum

SASS Advisory Board - Thank You Blackjack Zak & Welcome Santa Fe River Stan

For those of you who are not on the SASS email list (You should be...Hint-Hint), Blackjack Zak has stepped down from his duties on the SASS Advisory Board to focus on his other SASS Commitments, like being Match Directore for the relocated EOT and being Chairman of the ROC Committee, no small tasks!  I had the opportunity to meet with him (and take ROII refresher courses from him) at the SASS Conventions in the past.  He is definitely one to ride the river with.  I would like to take this opportunity to personally say Thank You Blackjack Zak for all you have done for SASS and this game we all play.  Your efforts have immeasurably improved SASS and the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting.  Enjoy your semi-retirement, but remember, just like the Mafia, just when you think your out, they pull you back in! :P

I would also like to say Congratulations (or condolences as the case may be :rolleyes:) to Santa Fe River Stan.  I cannot think of a more qualified individual to be appointed to the SASS Advisory Board.  He brings not only his experience as a champion level shooter, but also his wealth of knowledge of SASS to that position.  Not to mention the fact that he also brings with him the knowledge, experience, and and the familiarity with the issues that affect the East Coast SASS members to the Board.  Thank you for your willingness to take on that task!

I wish Blackjack Zak great success in his continuing efforts for SASS and I look forward to seeing what Stan has in store!

Copy and Pasted from the August SASS Member Bulletin.

SASS is pleased to announce and welcome Santa Fe River Stan, SASS #36999 to the SASS Advisory Board. Stan is a 20 year SASS Life Member hailing from Florida and will bring extensive knowledge and experience to the Board.
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcon

Santa Fe River Stan fills the Board Position recently vacated by Blackjack Zak, SASS #26828. Blackjack Zak, a SASS Hall of Fame Inductee, CAS RO Committee Chairman, and Match Director for the upcoming 2022 installment of END of TRAIL in Arizona, has stepped down from his role to focus on his numerous other commitments within the organization. We thank Blackjack Zak for his continued dedication, hard work, and support of SASS and the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting.

Thanks Blackjack,  Hello Stan.

Stan is very qualified for this position and is one to ride the river with. Also word on the river is that he know how to swim too! :lol:

Kajun

24 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Damn...

They told me to wait by the phone...

:mellow:

I think they meant 'wait by the mail box'.

Their sending you a 'pink' slip.

:lol:

..........Widder

4 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I think they meant 'wait by the mail box'.

Their sending you a 'pink' slip.

:lol:

..........Widder

Would make my life soooooo much more...peaceful.

I'm going to the mailbox now.

;)

12 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Got to meet Stan in person at EOT this year. A real nice guy

Shot with him a couple of times on or journeys to Florida.  Great guy and can shoot a rifle at warp speed to boot!

Archived