SASS Wire Forum

Bacon may disappear in California

Sedalia Dave

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  These are the kinds of things that make ME want disaooear from California....... 

PLZ, look hard at Springfield, MO. 

Lots of local ranches that you can by beef and pork from directly. 

Cost of living is 1/2 of Californiastan. Bought gas today for $2.83 @ gal.

Several great SASS clubs here.

2 of the greatest hospitals in the country are here in Springfield. 

OLG 

8 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Well there's always turkey bacon for you Californians! :P

It being CA, they will only be allowed "meatless bacon"

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

There's always Morningstar farms veggie bacon strips

image.png.a2d735b8e91ac0d64c286f0f4644ff7d.png

How many vegetables were tortured to make theses abominable things? Have you no heart? Think of the roots that have been torn from the earth without mercy. :P

CJ 

On 8/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

There's always Morningstar farms veggie bacon strips

image.png.a2d735b8e91ac0d64c286f0f4644ff7d.png

I actually tried this once a long time ago! Never again!!:o

7 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Makes one wonder just how much the citizens of California will endure, before they do something about it at the polls. 

September will be the real indicator.
Emperor Nuisance is pulling out all the stops to change the rules of the recall election.
Democrats are rallying around this fool.... if he gets recalled, his chances of running for President in 2024 drop to zilch.

Sad to say, but Hell will become exothermic before the voters in CA ever wake up.
The Zero Liability Voters are more than willing to vote themselves out of all pork products, and willing to vote for any gov't hand-out offered to them.

meme.politics.zero.liability.voter.sfw.jpg

On 8/1/2021 at 11:23 PM, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Looks familiar.

JHC

Beggin Strips Purina® Beggin' Strips® Bacon Flavour Dog ...

When I had a dog, I tried a bite of a beggin strip. I can assure you all that it DOESN'T taste like bacon.

2 hours ago, bgavin said:

September will be the real indicator.
Emperor Nuisance is pulling out all the stops to change the rules of the recall election.
Democrats are rallying around this fool.... if he gets recalled, his chances of running for President in 2024 drop to zilch.

Sad to say, but Hell will become exothermic before the voters in CA ever wake up.
The Zero Liability Voters are more than willing to vote themselves out of all pork products, and willing to vote for any gov't hand-out offered to them.

meme.politics.zero.liability.voter.sfw.jpg

We, that do not live there, are sure pulling for you Pards, and praying things will turn around, and folks will finally decide they have had enough. We do not see, or have to endure, what you Pards are going through, so all we have to go on is the media, and hearsay. We do care about our California Pards. Ya'll are the best, and have my utmost respect, because ya'll are enduring, despite what is going on. 

Let’s pretend for a minute that this bacon embargo goes through and California goes on a pork free diet.  Now think about how drugs are smuggled and how prison inmates hide things they don’t want the guards to find.  Would “black market” bacon be a thing? 

9 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Let’s pretend for a minute that this bacon embargo goes through and California goes on a pork free diet.  Now think about how drugs are smuggled and how prison inmates hide things they don’t want the guards to find.  Would “black market” bacon be a thing? 

It wouldn't be 'black market'.

It would be openly on the menu at places such as the 'French Laundry', capitol dining room, governor's mansion, etc., etc., etc.

'Rules for thee, not for me,' say the elites.

But keep electing them. It'll be different THIS time.

34 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

It'd be the 1st time in recorded history that someone said, "Hey, this bacon tastes like s**t".

There will be a brisk business in bacon through Reno and FedEx.
Nearly 4 years ago, the voters passed a huge bond bill for increasing water storage.
No action has been taken, the funds are sitting idle.

The voters also passed the anti-bacon legislation as part of some health and safety baloney... and CA is enforcing this.
It is obvious... CA cares more about larger pig pens than running out of water and electricity.

8 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

We, that do not live there, are sure pulling for you Pards, and praying things will turn around, and folks will finally decide they have had enough. We do not see, or have to endure, what you Pards are going through, so all we have to go on is the media, and hearsay. We do care about our California Pards. Ya'll are the best, and have my utmost respect, because ya'll are enduring, despite what is going on. 

California politics has always been a bit odd.  

It used to be a fairly solidly Republican state in presidential elections. 

Since 1959 the Legislature,  except for one session in which the GOP held slim margins in both its houses, Democrats have had solid control of it.  But until about 20 years ago the governorship was more or less evenly split.   But was , until the early 1990s I think,  still voting for Republicans for president.   My time-line might be a bit off.

What turned it was a large influx of people from liberal eastern cities.   Then, to cement it, influx of low income people looking for a better deal coming here for the benefits and finding that they can vote themselves almost endless bread and circuses. 

I still have the pig pen set up from when our daughters raised them in 4-H. Might be time to get started again. We've got 2 milk goats and my wife has been making cheese and I've been making yogurt. Butcher meat chickens a couple times a year. Have layers and pretty good garden. 

1 minute ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

I still have the pig pen set up from when our daughters raised them in 4-H. Might be time to get started again. We've got 2 milk goats and my wife has been making cheese and I've been making yogurt. Butcher meat chickens a couple times a year. Have layers and pretty good garden. 

Don’t pigs produce methane?  Can you do that in California?

On 8/3/2021 at 9:06 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

If you don't expect it to taste like bacon this stuff isn't bad.

image.png.5c8ab77208bbd59c89b986356e5e2c91.pngThese are actually really tasty!! They use fennel seed to give it a "sausage" flavor.

1 hour ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L said:

They will just import it in from CHINA.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Smithfields, the largest pork packager in America, is owned by the WH Group in China.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:33 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Would you trust “pork” from China?

My post didn't address trust issues :P

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived