SASS Wire Forum

Fast Eddie

Captain Bill Burt

Have you ever been on the wrong end of a bad day? Things just went wrong? Hot, tired, stressed out, stranded, totally SOL if someone doesn’t step up? 

Really, really need a friend to step up and help, no questions asked? 

That’s where Shootin Sharyn, the Iron Cowboy and I found ourselves this afternoon. We were in trouble.

Fast Eddie came through for us, big time.

I’ll never forget it.

Eddie exemplifies what the cowboy way is all about.

It was a bad day Lumpy.  It was a bad accident, all three of us could have been dead on the side of the road on I75.  Due to some luck, and the Iron Cowboy keeping his cool, we made it.  Our vehicle was toast, couldn't be driven.   Loaded with guns, ammo, all the stuff you need to put three shooters in the field, now stranded on the side of the road almost 100 miles from home. 

Eddie came through for us.  He doubled back, in heavy traffic, and found us.  He helped us transfer all our cowboy gear into his vehicle.  He waited with us, in the 100+ degree heat, until our car could be towed.  Then he went way out of his way and drove us to our doorstep safely. 

No big deal, just his entire afternoon spent in the sweltering heat, making sure my family got home safely. 

I'm lucky to call that man my friend.

I dearly love Fast Eddie. I'm sorry to hear about your accident and your car, however I'm thrilled to know y'all are ok. Big hugs to all of you and to Fast Eddie too.  ♥️

Capt,

The thing about sharing this 'good deed' by Fast Eddie is that none of us are surprised by

his actions.    The man has a kind heart.   Always ready to share a smile and kind greeting to

folks around him.   And always seems to have a 'helpful' nature about himself.

I'm glad you and the family are well and not injured.   Hope to see everyone soon.

..........Widder

Capn' Bill, sorry to hear of your troubles making it home after the match yesterday, but I'm glad the story ended well. Fast Eddie is the type of cowboy that has always given more than he takes - he's a top shooter, but at the same time, takes care of others in a thousand small and large ways - from slicking up our SKBs to giving advice on how to be as fast as he is. Truly a great person; we're lucky he shoots at our club!

EDIT: Did I forget to mention the huge role he plays in GA State matches?

Fast Eddie is a great guy!  So glad we've had the pleasure of knowing him and shooting with him.  Also glad you guys are all right.  

Glad your family is safe, and Fast Eddie is one to ride the river with...  At EOT when the lady went down because of the heat, Fast Eddie was on the next posse and I called out to him to bring his gun cart umbrella over to give her shade, he held that umbrella for a long time, refusing help, to help the woman...  He is a good man!!!

At EOT this year I was having all kinds of trouble with my rifle.  Went to a back up rifle that didn't like my ammo.  Eddie, without me asking,  just gave me enough ammo to get me through the match.  As a current cable series likes to say, "This is the Way".  

Thanks bud.  You were always one my favorite cowboys.

Dang It Dan

I've seen Eddie loan guns to just about anyone, give ammo, work on guns at night in his hotel room at big matches to help cowboys, loan his car, whatever anyone needs. He's the best!

1 hour ago, Max Payne said:

I've seen Eddie loan guns to just about anyone, give ammo, work on guns at night in his hotel room at big matches to help cowboys, loan his car, whatever anyone needs. He's the best!

Sassy and I have certainly been the recipient of that after hours work at hotel room during EOT and/or Winter Range.  A  good one for sure.

Capt sure glad you and family are safe.  

Archived